pics of my oil stash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are two pics of my 102 qt stash. I haven't counted it in almost two years. I was surprised my stash got this low. I used to be in the 185 quart range before I broke my oil hoarding behavior. I don't have a nice rack to look at like some of you guys got. I'm going to put them back in boxes. All of this oil bought with rebates or with sales. Enjoy

oilshrine2.jpg

oilshrine.jpg

Pictured from left to right:
Mobil delvac 15w40 20 qts
Exxon High Mileage 10w40 5 qt
Mobil 1 15w50 12 qt
Castrol syntec blend 10w40 6qt
Phillips trop artic 5w30 7 qt
supertech 10w30 3 qt
Valvoline durablend 10w30 3 qt
Valvoline maxlife synthetic 10w30 15qt
Havoline synthetic 10w30 5qt
chevron supreme 10w30 4qt
Havoline 5w30 10qt
Rotella T 10w30 12qt

stirthepot.gif

Quote:

I got approx 220-230 quarts of oil, but I keep them all boxed up and out of sight from my wife. One day I should post a pic.

Smart man!! I actually had the nerve to have my wife pick up six quarts of the uber expensive Amsoil 0w-30 for me recently while I'm out of the country. She did it without hesitation, and didn't even complain about the ~$60 price tag. That's why I married her, she's understanding of my flaws.
wink.gif

I used to have a stash nearly as large as the one pictured, but I've been slimming it down. How I wish I would have stocked up on the T&SUV 5w-40 when it was available.
pat2.gif

guys, I put the oil on the carpet for pic purposes only. there's no oil on the carpet, I thought of that before I set them out. No shelf to put them on. they are all back in boxes in the 2nd bedroom closet. I live in an apartment complex so my wife makes me put them up. no garage.

It was tough to be mid-20's at the time and have an oil shrine, I do remember the comments from friends when they visited my old place:

"hey, look at all this oil, it's like an autozone in here"
"now, I know where to go if I ever need oil"
"wow, dude how much oil do you need?"
"man, your place is a serious fire hazard, hope you don't blow yourself up"
"chicks dig oil"

throwroses.sml

Nice,

Interesting to see some products we don't get up in Canada. Everything to the left of the M1 is generally unavailable here. We are just now seeing M1 EP, and we don't get the Supertech or the Troparctic.

The Chevron stuff is only available at gas stations and sells for premium, pretty much synthetic blend prices.

Quote:

Quote:

I actually had the nerve to have my wife pick up six quarts of the uber expensive Amsoil 0w-30 for me recently while I'm out of the country. She did it without hesitation, and didn't even complain about the ~$60 price tag. That's why I married her, she's understanding of my flaws.
wink.gif

That's a good wife. I use a different approach. If my wife mentions she's going to Wal-mart, I'll tell her I need 1L of GC 0w-30 and ask if she wouldn't mind picking one up. Sometimes as a precondition to being dragged along on some tedious shopping trip, I'll let he know I might go if she sweetened the pot by offering me a bottle of oil of my choice...

Believe it or not she says she's OK with this if I reciprocate by buying her flowers from time-to-time.

Everybody wins!

She's a keeper!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I actually had the nerve to have my wife pick up six quarts of the uber expensive Amsoil 0w-30 for me recently while I'm out of the country. She did it without hesitation, and didn't even complain about the ~$60 price tag. That's why I married her, she's understanding of my flaws.
wink.gif

That's a good wife. I use a different approach. If my wife mentions she's going to Wal-mart, I'll tell her I need 1L of GC 0w-30 and ask if she wouldn't mind picking one up. Sometimes as a precondition to being dragged along on some tedious shopping trip, I'll let he know I might go if she sweetened the pot by offering me a bottle of oil of my choice...

Believe it or not she says she's OK with this if I reciprocate by buying her flowers from time-to-time.

Everybody wins!

She's a keeper!

I sent a dozen roses to her at her office from here in Sweden. Boy was she happy!!! She tells me she's going to thank me properly when I get home.
wink.gif
Since I've already gone OT, I hounded her for days to check her oil, she finally did, it was a quart low, she added oil, and it was the correct oil!!! A keeper for sure. Now for the tire pressure........
spankme.gif

Yes...tire pressure. I just got her new tires for her Acura. I also got her a digital tire gauge for her car. She's never used it, but it's handy whenever I fill her car up... always check the tires.

Tires are getting really expensive these days!

the free after rebate sale at o'reillys last year really got me stashing again. I bought 40 quarts free after rebate that I haven't even used that I got in 7/07. It's almost two years gone by, I have more oil than I did from 10/06. not much more, but according to my log. I have 112 qts currently. I made a deal with my wife, not to buy oil unless its free after rebate. Gotta save my money for gas purchases. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back