picked up a Rem Xpress 870 tactical

Status
Not open for further replies.
from Cabelas last night
$469
if you have their Visa card, you will have an email with a bar code for up to a 100 dollar discount if you pay for it with their card.
plus
30 bucks back from Rem rebate
339 plus tax out the door

Steve

Nice gun!
01.gif

I just bought a Mossberg M590A1 with somewhat of the same type of deal and ended up with it out the door for around $270 at Cabelas. And I now have a $100 "gift" card that I have to use for something before Jan 03-2011.

I'll figure out something to spend it on!
grin.gif

Walmart has some excellent pricing on 12 gauge slugs and 00buck 15 packs for $9.87! Both in 2 3/4 and 3 inch.

Take care, bill

PS: post some photos if you want!

Thanks Bill-in this neck of the woods- WalMart sells neither ammo nor firearms !!! (Happy to proclaim I wasn't born here, just work here)
Sound like a good deal on the Mossy-hope you enjoy it

Steve

Bill, what made you choose the Mossberg over others for sale at Cabelas? I am curious as I have an old Winchester 1200 that I'm thinking about replacing for my home defense but have not been able to pin down what would be best. I know that smooth action and reliability is VERY important to me. I'm not keen on a pistol grip though as the possibility of catching it on something in the dark comes to mind.

(Sorry to the OP for the OT)

Well I've got a Rem 870 and Winchester 1300 (both 18-18.5 inch) so I wanted to try a Mossberg. They are pretty well known for being a good safe shotgun for defense. I LOVE Mossberg's safety (I'm left handed) and their being able to load without any doors.

Plus the cost of it (it was on sale before I started doing all the discounts and such. In fact the Money was free to me that I used to buy it)

Rem 870 was my first shotgun many decades ago and is a excellent weapon. I'd recommend any of them if its what YOU like.

Take care, bill

Originally Posted By: steve20
from Cabelas last night
$469
if you have their Visa card, you will have an email with a bar code for up to a 100 dollar discount if you pay for it with their card.
plus
30 bucks back from Rem rebate
339 plus tax out the door

Steve

Is this the Remy with two different barrels?

no-only 1 barrel. The offer with the 2 barrels is called the 'combo'. It was on sale for 449.
I wouldn't doubt Cabelas will offer this again for their VISA holders, probably just in time for Christmas

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back