Pentastar V6 oil filters: Mopar vs PureOne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought a Chrysler 300S and I don't find many options for filters, especially not at the "high end" on the shelf from say Bosch D+, Mobil 1, or Fram Ultra. There is however a PureOne available so I here is that compared to the Mopar part.

Pretty simple filters so not much difference other than media type and O ring. Pleats were glued well on both. The plastic frame is very similar, nothing stands out as significantly different. Mopar is made in USA, PureOne made in South Korea.

Originally Posted By: BrandonT
The plastic frame is very similar, nothing stands out as significantly different.

Looks like the PureOne has a cage that has more material in it. After the E-core filters experience, I don't know if it matters in this application or not.

I'm shocked that the filter says "Chrysler Corporation".....that term was phased out way back in 1987 when Chrysler was called "Chrysler Motors",then "Daimler Chrysler",then "Chrysler Group","Chrysler LLC".....Chrysler Corporation as a brand didnt exist past Iacoccas term (1978-1992).

The P1 does not look too bad. Different from the one I got once. I usually just use the OEM for my Chargers (same PN#). I like the fact it is made in USA, I know it is not much but every bit counts.

How much did you pay for Pure1 filter ? Amazon has Purolator Classic Filter L36135 at $7.xx and few months ago had it on sale for $4.xx.

Rockauto has WIX filter part# 57526 for $4.25

Originally Posted By: Kruse
The plastic frame is very similar, nothing stands out as significantly different.

Looks like the PureOne has a cage that has more material in it. After the E-core filters experience, I don't know if it matters in this application or not.

The cage on the PureOne does look better ... the "windows" aren't as large, which is a good thing. Plus the media is pretty tight so they pleats can't lay over. Ecores are OK IF they are designed right ... unlike the piece of crud SuperTechs.

The Ecore design would still matter here, just like in a spin-on. If it's not designed right, it could have a media blow-out through the center cage windows.

Originally Posted By: Kruse

It does have more support, I just wonder if that is really much issue in the real world, hence why I said significant. But yeah, Ecore has shown that support is not unimportant.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
How much did you pay for Pure1 filter ?

$14 after tax at Advance AA or Autozone, can't remember which.

They're eCores! Your motor is doomed!

Seriously, that looks like one hellacious filter for a V6.

Unless the scale is wrong and they're actually the size of AA batteries...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back