Status
Not open for further replies.
I would really love to try this Pennzoil Ultra especially
in my 2009 Toyota Tacoma. Problem is here in the Cleveland
Area you can't get it. None of the auto parts stores carry it
at this time. The only one that has it is Walmart and only in
5 quart jugs. None of my vehicles takes exactly 5 qts on an oil
change. Oh well maybe Cleveland will catch up sometime

That's what is funny, AAP sent me a card to get Ultra for $6.99 plus a free Techron, but all the stores around here don't have it!

WM around here has quarts, maybe try another one?

John

Originally Posted By: BUBBA0420
I would really love to try this Pennzoil Ultra especially
in my 2009 Toyota Tacoma. Problem is here in the Cleveland
Area you can't get it. None of the auto parts stores carry it
at this time. The only one that has it is Walmart and only in
change. Oh well maybe Cleveland will catch up sometime

Just get the jug,and dont add all 5 qts.
54.gif

Just get the jug,and dont add all 5 qts.
54.gif

+1 My car takes 3.5 qts. I sure as heck ain't buying 1 qt. at a time for $7+. I NEVER buy oil in a qt. unless for my lawn mower. I guess I don't understand the thinking on this
21.gif

Variety of sump sizes in the market makes it almost impossible to keep everyone happy with the 'perfect' size jug/bottle.

My guess is that an actuary has determined what size is best to mess everyone up with and cause them to buy that little bit more in order to fill their sump. Thus leaving a partial bottle as advertisement on your shelf. Seems like sales and marketing departments got together on that one.
21.gif

The only one that has it is Walmart and only in
change.

What's the problem? Just keep the leftover for your next oil change or top-ups.

That totals 17qts.... Buy 4 Jugs and you have enough for all your cars, with 3 qts remaining. Next oil change you can buy 3 jugs and use your leftover.

Doesnt make sense to pay almost $8/qt when you can get it at the same store for less then $6.

Lexus:

2004 Sentra 3 qts

2003 Corrola 4 qts

1998 Nissan Maxima 4 1/4 Qts

2009 Toyota Tacoma 5 1/2 Qts

Ideally, Pennzoil Ultra should be available in various jugs: 5.5qts, 4.25qts, 4qts and 3qts in addition to the standard 5qts available at WM so that some drivers like BUBBA just pour the whole jug into the engine fill hole without wasting time measuring the required amounts for various engines.
33.gif

But we don't live in an ideal world, do we.
grin2.gif

What is it they say, you can please some of the people some of the time, but you cannot please all of the people all of the time.

No auto parts stores in Orlando have it, but every single Jiffy Lube does- go figure, I doubt even the above average JL customer will pay whatever crazy up charge they have to get it. I figure the vast majority of their customers won't care about it at all. A stupid move on Pennzoil's part.

Only one Wal Mart carries it. I haven't driven all the way out there to see if it is jugs or quarts, and I doubt it will.

Pennzoil seems to be quite disorganized on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back