Pennzoil Ultra 5w-20 SN/GF-5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Garak
I forgot to ask SOPUS about their HDEO prices. I would have been interested to see their price on Rotella, be it conventional or synthetic, in comparison to the Delvac line.

I like sopus as a company and if possible I would prefer to spend my dollars there however I'm more concerned about my dollars and keeping them.
And the more I see and use this devlac 222 the more I like it. Its tough enough for extended intervals in a diesel yet doubles as a great winter oil in cars.
Once I run through my stock I think I'll be using the elite 222 in everything.
And the price makes it just that much better.

I've noticed the TBN is not sky-high on the Elite 222, I'm guessing that's because it meets the low SAPS requirements/specs for late model diesel particulate filters and such?

My question is; it still seems to hold up to winter time use with all the subsequent fuel dilution/etc., despite it's relatively low starting TBN?
21.gif

I suppose it would handle things just fine, but a UOA would provide a better answer. Delvac Elite 222 meets different ACEA specifications than does something like the Delvac 1 ESP 5w-40. Both have the same basic CJ-4 rating, but some differing ACEA and builder approvals. The Delvac 1's ACEA rating requires a higher starting TBN. It would be interesting to see which is "better" at long drains in a specific example of a gasser, but that's not exactly a quick job, particularly with the relatively few miles I drive.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
I like sopus as a company and if possible I would prefer to spend my dollars there however I'm more concerned about my dollars and keeping them.

Maybe that new Rotella 0w-30 is reasonably priced (or maybe it's not even available yet). I'll have to hunt for a data sheet out of curiosity when I have a chance.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: Clevy

Maybe that new Rotella 0w-30 is reasonably priced (or maybe it's not even available yet). I'll have to hunt for a data sheet out of curiosity when I have a chance.

WHEN is/was this supposed to be released, and is it going to be EVERYWHERE or only in your Northland, like so many other products??

It's been a while since I read about it. I thought it was supposed to be released within the last calendar year. Nonetheless, it was supposed to be only for Canada, and it's not currently on the Shell datasheet site. I haven't seen it at any retail locations yet, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back