Pennzoil Syn Blend Or Yellow Bottle 5w30 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Pennzoil Syn Blend is $4.00 more than pennzoil yellow bottle both in the 5 quart containers at wm

It started off at just $1.00 more now its way up there

Lol. For roughly $3, one could upgrade to full synthetic.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I am considering running this stuff this winter instead of 5w30 PYB. I am curious about the moly content and whether or not its just PYB mixes with some synthetic.

Dexos approval means absolutly nothing to me in regards to my Jeep as its not a GM vehicle which is under warranty. The 50% syn blend is nice to know about though although some oils, Valvoline Maxlife blend, is Dexos approved IIRC, but I dont recall seeing it on the jug.

I just installed this oil in my Dodge Dakota. Pennzoil tech told me this oil meets Chrysler MS 6595 specification but is marketed to Dexos customers, he said their is no difference between Pennzoil Gold 5W30 and Pennzoil Synthetic Blend Dexos 5W 30.

Toto.

Originally Posted By: Toto
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I am considering running this stuff this winter instead of 5w30 PYB. I am curious about the moly content and whether or not its just PYB mixes with some synthetic.

Dexos approval means absolutly nothing to me in regards to my Jeep as its not a GM vehicle which is under warranty. The 50% syn blend is nice to know about though although some oils, Valvoline Maxlife blend, is Dexos approved IIRC, but I dont recall seeing it on the jug.

I just installed this oil in my Dodge Dakota. Pennzoil tech told me this oil meets Chrysler MS 6595 specification but is marketed to Dexos customers, he said their is no difference between Pennzoil Gold 5W30 and Pennzoil Synthetic Blend Dexos 5W 30.

Toto.

That being said, it looks like its pointless to use unless you need the Dexos approval.

The Dexos touts, 'at least 50% synthetic.'
The Gold does not.

For many here, the line between 'synthetic' and conventional is blurry to say the least, and this may not amount to a hill of beans. But the distinction does exist. As expressed before, I would shop based on certifications met or exceeded, first.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
wemay you are rite i did not realize the rollback thing...

I didn't either, at first. I thought it was the new regular price until seeing the small rollback banner.

Originally Posted By: wemay
The Dexos touts, 'at least 50% synthetic.'
The Gold does not.

For many here, the line between 'synthetic' and conventional is blurry to say the least, and this may not amount to a hill of beans. But the distinction does exist. As expressed before, I would shop based on certifications met or exceeded, first.

Quaker State Synthetic Blend is also Dexos 1 approved, but it doesn't say "at least 50% synthetic" on the bottle like the Pennzoil Synthetic Blend. Does anyone know if Quaker State Synthetic Blend also has 50% synthetic oil in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back