Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 - 6409miles - Honda S2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
6409 miles on this oil sample. 25771 miles on the car when the sample was taken. Oil was in use for 14.5 months. Oil used before this sample was also PP 5W30.

I drained the oil and took the sample cold, I let the oil drain out of the pan for a few seconds and then held the sample bottle under the pan. I know they say to get a hot sample of the oil but I was in a hurry and didn't have enough time to get the car warm before the oil change.

Iron: 14
Chromium: 0
Lead: 3
Copper: 7
Tin: 0
Aluminum: 10
Nickel: 0
Silver: 0
Silicon: 7
Boron: 37
Sodium: 4
Magnesium: 23
Calcium: 3042
Barium: 0
Phosphorus: 689
Zinc: 909
Molybdenum: 48
Titanium: 0
Vanadium: 0
Potassium: 0

Fuel: VIS @ 40C: N/A
VIS @ 100C: 9.11 cSt
TAN: 1.9

Water: 0%
Coolant: NO

Thats exactly how much my wife drives in 14 months and she also using PP 5w30.
what kind of Oil Filter?

Last edited:
It's not a bad UOA, considering that you went 14.5 months and you make a lot of short trips(that you mentioned on another site). It should be noted that this engine has fiber-reinforced matrix cylinders, and they're not cast iron. That says that the 14 ppm Fe isn't cylinder wear. Besides - your Cr is nil. Your Cu levels should drop a little when you get more miles on the engine. They did with my S2000.

The next time, you might want to get a TBN.

Thanks for posting.

Originally Posted By: slalom44
(that you mentioned on another site).

BITOG traitor! j/k
grin2.gif

another pretty Honda UOA... is there any other kind?
grin2.gif

also nice to see another nice PP report.

Hmm, while it looks good, I think I have to point out the stark differences in wear metals from your stock S2000 compared with another recent S2000 UOA using a bypass filter system. I mean, just for consistency's sake....

Originally Posted By: Max_Wander
Hmm, while it looks good, I think I have to point out the stark differences in wear metals from your stock S2000 compared with another recent S2000 UOA using a bypass filter system. I mean, just for consistency's sake....

Max, I agree. Slalom44's car gets fantastic numbers with the system that he uses. Very impressive and it does make the stock system pale in comparison.

What I find humorous is that I don't think my UOA is bad at all, but then you look at the 30,000 mile UOA from Slalom's car and it makes you wonder....
wink.gif

He also added, what, 20-30% of extra system capacity with that beefy bypass system? Let alone the extra filtering.

Not knocking, just saying...no matter what, you'll get a diluted PPM count simply by having a higher capacity for the wear metals to distribute themselves into....plus this sample was taken cold and near the beginning of the flow.

Joe

I do
Originally Posted By: JoeFromPA
He also added, what, 20-30% of extra system capacity with that beefy bypass system? Let alone the extra filtering.

Not knocking, just saying...no matter what, you'll get a diluted PPM count simply by having a higher capacity for the wear metals to distribute themselves into....plus this sample was taken cold and near the beginning of the flow.

Joe

ha, I even overlooked that factor, good call.

Originally Posted By: JoeFromPA

Joe

Joe is right - you really can't compare the two. What's important is to make sure that your wear is under control.

Originally Posted By: Max_Wander

ha, I even overlooked that factor, good call.

I have been officially welcomed to BITOG, now.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back