Pennzoil Plat 0w-20 4145 miles '02 Nissan SpecV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The oil was stone cold when changed. This was this past winters fill. Filter was Purolator Premium L20073.

BlackstonePP0w-2002SpecV51408.jpg

Last edited:
Does Nissan specify a 20 grade for this car/engine? The report looks great to me, even with the slight fuel dilution. What kind of air filter are you using? Silicon is very low, especially compared to the universal averages.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
where did you find Platinum 0W-20.

Yes, where did you find PP 0W-20, Captain? Never seen it in local stores.

Last edited:
I'm interested in your 'current' oil on the Sentra - 0W-10 RP! Would love to see a report of that, and impressions of how the car ran on it - would be interesting to compare to the 'Bruceblend' experiment of Gary Allen!

I like the low wear vs. some of the m1 uoas. Thinking about switching to PP from EP and using the $ savings to fund a shorter oci. .02.

I ran RP 5w20 once in a SpecV before for 8K with good results. Their 5w30 did a little better though. That said, the PP did better than the RP.

There is a reason that Nissan does not specify 20 wt. oil for the QR. And I think you well know that this engine is probably one of the worst Nissan has ever designed. Not a flame..just simple truth.

Going to a 10 wt takes you in the vicinity of 5 cSt. at full engine operating temp vs. 10 cSt. for a 30 wt. oil. On a hot summer day a 30 wt. can be down to 6 cSt. or so and your 10 wt. will be down to 3 or 4 maximum.

I applaud your spirit. But I know when I dumped 20 wt. into the SR20DE mileage did not improve. I think you will be grinding this engine up with 10 wt. Just an opinion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back