Phos 676/676
Zinc 798/798
Barium 0/0

SUS viscosity @ 210 53.9
Flashpoint 395
Fuel Antifreeze 0
Water 0
Insolubles 0.2

Blackstone: In the first sample from your 2.5L all wear was well below universal averages. Universal averages are based on an oil run of 5000 miles. Your run was short of this but wear was in the proper balance to indicate normally wearing parts in your engine. The oil was in good shape physically and showed no fuel, coolant or moisture. Insolubles were low at 0.2% showing good oil filtration.

Me: This car has a cold air intake, fumoto valve, balance shaft removed, new camshafts (with 3 oil changes on them), Purolator Premium Plus oil filter, and I replaced the oil pan midway of the run.

To my untrained eye it looks like a good report. My only nit to pick would be that the silicon level seems a bit high for only 2,775 miles. What brand air filter are you using on your CAI? If it's an oiled cotton gauze type, you might want to consider ditching it in favor of an AEM dryflow filter to see if you can get the Si down a bit.

Quote:

Really? I figured the silicon was from me replacing the oil pan.

pat2.gif
DOH! I totally missed that in your post. The elevated Si could certainly be coming from that.

Quote:

How come all your numbers are the same as the Univ averages?

He typed it the "unit average" not the universal average. Since it is his first oil sample with Blackstone they will all read the same.

Capn': The Universal averages are typically more useful, perhaps it was just an oversight. They put the unit average right next to your data and the universal average at the far right.

smile.gif

Quote:

Quote:

How come all your numbers are the same as the Univ averages?

He typed it the "unit average" not the universal average. Since it is his first oil sample with Blackstone they will all read the same.

Capn': The Universal averages are typically more useful, perhaps it was just an oversight. They put the unit average right next to your data and the universal average at the far right.

smile.gif

You're right I screwed up. Here it is with the universal averages.
Aluminum 2/3
Chromium 0/1
Iron 2/9
Copper 2/4
Lead 1/3
Tin 0/0
Moly 51/69
Nickel 0/0
Mang 0/0
Silver 0/0
Titanium 0/0
Potassium 1/3
Boron 4/55
Silicon 15/12
Sodium 1/9
Calcium 2447/2283
Mag 13/140
Phos 676/766
Zinc 798/912
Barium 0/2

Sorry for the screw up. I'm new at this.

Quote:

To my untrained eye it looks like a good report. My only nit to pick would be that the silicon level seems a bit high for only 2,775 miles. What brand air filter are you using on your CAI? If it's an oiled cotton gauze type, you might want to consider ditching it in favor of an AEM dryflow filter to see if you can get the Si down a bit.

It's the cotton gauze type. What's different about the AEM?

The AEM supposedly has superior filtration capabilities.

An 02 Spec V doesn't call for 5w-20, does it? The analysis looks amazingly good!

Quote:

The AEM supposedly has superior filtration capabilities.

An 02 Spec V doesn't call for 5w-20, does it? The analysis looks amazingly good!

No, it calls for 5w-30 preferred year round and or 10w-30, 10w-40 above 0 F. It didn't burn any but I did loose about 1/4 quart from a small leak via the lower side of the timing cover. I must not have sealed it properly when I replaced it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back