Pefect gift for VW owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
1552_CEL_10-715108.jpg

I also have to agree, as much as it pains me to say it. The check engine light in my Jetta comes on every 200 miles, rain or shine. I keep a code scanner next to the emergency brake, and sometimes I'll even clear the P0170 code while driving.

BHASHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHA IT'S SOOO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you! you made my day!! There should be an Audi one too!!! I changed oil on 3 audis and 4 VW's... all but one audi had the check engine light!!!! From my experience, most were from Fault Air flow sensor and faulty 02 sensor.

Last edited:
Had my check engine light come on for the first time today at 97K miles. Coil pack died. Annoying, but cheap and easy to fix.

robert

Originally Posted By: defeated
it's actually kinda awesome for anyone with a clunker. I'd totally buy a GM version for the Firebird if I ever saw one

This is for ALL Audi/VW products. Audi/VW products are extremely buggy when it comes to sensors. I have no idea why VW/Audi didn't do anything about it. Even the new ones are buggy as heck.

Originally Posted By: hillclimber
Hilarious!

I haven't seen mine in three or four years, thank goodness.

Well, it's supposed to come on for a second every time you start the car, so it's probably on but burned out... (kidding)

Originally Posted By: SAJEFFC
Ok I'll bite...I'm not a VW owner. What the heck is that thing??

The item pictured is a Check Engine Light, which VW owners are very familiar with.

In many states, including mine (MA) if the check engine light is on, you are automatically rejected. If you reset the light and there are more than X number of incomplete tests, you have to come back for the re-test and then have to PASS the catalytic converter test and number of incomplete tests have to be under Y. The numbers X and Y depend upon the model year.

I don't quite understand how you can have CEL ON for years on your car and go through state inspection.

- Vikas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back