Peak 'Professional' Lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.
I brought 2 gallons of Peak Professional Lifetime up to the register and it rang up at $47.XX including the nearly 9% NYC sales tax. When I showed the ad in the holiday flyer they said it was a misprint so I said "No Thanks".

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Its on closeout for $9.90 at PepBoys, I incorrectly type $5 for some car wax that was on the clearance table.

The old price is $21 but I still have the $9.90 stickers on my receipt if you need proof this stuff is on clearance. Most of the time the employees don't know its on closeout. I can send you the stickers if you want.

I never said that I don't trust you. Your local Pep Boys has it on clearance, but other Pep Boys stores still have full price. Clearance items are the discretion of the store manager, other stores don't need to match price on clearance items.

Couple years ago I bought more than 10 quarts M1 0W20 and 0W40 on clearance for $2/qt at a Walmart store, while other WM stores less than 10 miles away had those grades full price of more than $6/qt.

I bought 2 quarts Professional Lifetime at one Pep Boys, they accepted that it was an error on the flyer and online ad, the manager told the clerk to enter the sale as LongLife 50/50 at $9.99/ea so that I can get the rebate from Peak, but I was allowed to take the full strength Professional Lifetime jugs.

Quote:
I brought 2 gallons of Peak Professional Lifetime up to the register and it rang up at $47.XX including the nearly 9% NYC sales tax. When I showed the ad in the holiday flyer they said it was a misprint so I said "No Thanks".
Well, I call bull shine on Poop Boys. That advertisement is in the national Holiday Gift Guide page 2, even in Brooklyn, NY. No misprint.

If this is a closeout, it does make me wonder, added to the increased difficulty of finding Peak GL, if it Peak is discontinuing it.
21.gif
Time will tell.

I just started wondering about this too because PGL is at a near close out price of $9.99 at Kmart. I didn't think so but maybe PGL is going to be discontinued or maybe at least stores that carry it are not selling it well and are going to quit carrying it?

Quote:
I bought 2 quarts Professional Lifetime at one Pep Boys, they accepted that it was an error on the flyer and online ad, the manager told the clerk to enter the sale as LongLife 50/50 at $9.99/ea so that I can get the rebate from Peak, but I was allowed to take the full strength Professional Lifetime jugs.

I asked the manager and he said no about scanning 50/50 for the rebate. But since I bought 3 gallons of Peak PL, an oil filter and spark plugs.... that put me just a hair over $50 so I used the $10 off coupon and got the $10 off at check out. If any BITOG member needs the sitckers, just let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back