PCMOs that are available in liters versus quarts?

My wife's SUV takes exactly 6L with a new filter so I was just curious (more than anything else) what consumer grade engine oils are sold as liters instead of the usual quarts you see. I know Liqui Moly and Motul sell in 5L and 1L sizes, any other notable brands?

Groz 41913 Plastic Measure 8 Litre / 8 Quart, Complete with Dust Cap and Flexible spout with Cap https://a.co/d/fvgNFLQ
1000013417.jpg

It all costs so much more than regular stuff at walmart there is a massive cost disadvantage = not worth the convenience.

Oil is cheaper in 5qt jugs anyway so 6qt or 6.5qt doesnt make much difference in that situation.

Motul sells their "good stuff" in 2L tins.

Last edited:
If you don't want the Euro brands that come in L then just buy 5 qt jugs and accept some measuring.

My wife's SUV takes exactly 6L with a new filter so I was just curious (more than anything else) what consumer grade engine oils are sold as liters instead of the usual quarts you see. I know Liqui Moly and Motul sell in 5L and 1L sizes, any other notable brands?

A quart is a unit of volume in the United States customary and imperial systems of measurement, while a liter is a unit of volume that is accepted for use with the International System of Units (SI) 1. One US fluid quart is equal to approximately 0.946353 liters 1

This is the USA not Europe! Everything sold here will be in Quarts.

*except Liquimoly, Motul, and the other Euro brands that are sold here in metric volumes and can be on your door step in a few days from FCP Euro or other online Euro vendors.

I was just curious what the options were. Thanks, all. My use case might be best served with the measuring spout linked earlier in the thread.

Back