PC Supreme has a really low pour point!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HKPolice
Without any VOA, it's hard to judge the add pack for sure. But the relatively mediocre TBN of 7.9 on the full synth product indicates to me that PC's formula isn't that strong on detergents which is why you don't see any claims about cleaning better than other brands or guaranteed OCI mileage.

The oil isn't really being marketed at the public, anyhow. One can buy it at the station for a semi-reasonable price (no worse than regular priced Walmart stuff). One can buy it at the distributor for far, far cheaper, but must buy larger quantities. Or, one can use Petro-Points to get it. None of those options would be considered mainstream retailing.

Garak is right, they don't seem to be too concerned about marketing to the public other than at the gas stations.

The last time I got case pricing their conventional was closer to $5/L and synthetic was closer to $8/L. The low TBN is seems accurate from the VOA & UOA I had done. This is not a long drain oil but it is not marketed as such either.

I like their oil and were it easier to get and priced a bit better I would probably still be using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back