PB Blaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff but it smells AWFUL!!!!!
freak2.gif

i'ved used PB Blaster and Seafoam Deep Creep, they are both great penetrators.

i get what ever is cheaper or not sale.

i lean more towards the PB Blaster for loosening parts cause i use the Deep Creep for mostly Carbon Cleaning.

The only experience I had with a WD-40 vs. PB Blaster were the squeeky doors in my house. Sprayed WD-40 in the hinges and the squeek came back after 2-3 months. Sprayed PB Blaster and the squeek disappeared for at least 6 months that I can remember. Winner? PB Blaster. But I will say that PB Blaster smells strong and bad so you may want to leave it to use on your automobiles.
smile.gif

Anybody ever used "Yield?" It's pretty stout also! It stinks to high heaven though.

I had seen PB blaster in various stores, but I never paid much attemtion to it. I found out about it on another board and I decided to ask about it here. I didn't expect a 23 response thread to be here!

Well, PB Blaster is some good stuff but it was still heck getting my 02 sensors out!!!

I wiped my exhaust pipes off as well as I could, but it seemed like I could still smell the PB burning for days.

Hey Racerjk, I have been using yield for a few years now and it is awesome!!

It blows away WD-40 and blaster. Best stuff I've ever used. Your right, it does stink. Maybe that's why it works so go.

We used it when I worked at the golfcourse. The equiptment I worked on there was subjected to all kinds of fertilizers and iron they sprayed on the grass. Yield was the only thing that would work for us to get the rusted, knarley bolts apart.

Yield is good stuff! I wish the place where I work still used it! I could smuggle a can out every now and then. They use a product called "Kwik-Way 160" now.

HaHa !!

Thats how I got the couple of cans I have. Grabbed 'em from work.

Thing is, I havent worked there for a few years, and I'm running low!!

The rock pit I work at now uses CRC spraylube.
It's not bad, but it's nothing like 'YIELD'.

You have me interested in YIELD, but I can't find it.

Who is the manufacturer ?

Searching Google doesn't turn up anything about penetrants -- just financial stuff.

I have no idea who makes/made Yield! I haven't seen a can of it in several years at work. I don't know where they used to buy it either.

Schaeffers Pentro 90 works quite well ,,needs a bit longer soak time though over others because of its lube abilitys,,,,,,Lubrication Enginners make a very good product called 2059 Monolex that is one of the best I have tried...BL

quote:

Originally posted by Racerjk:
Anybody ever used "Yield?" It's pretty stout also! It stinks to high heaven though.

I've used Yield, by Chemsearch. I like it a lot, and don't think it stinks too bad. 1.800.527.9921 to reorder, can is marked not for resale. Chemsearch, a division of NCH corp, 2727 Chemsearch Blvd, Irving TX 75062. chemsearch/yield http://www.chemsearch.com/productDetail.asp?pName=Yield%C2%AE%0D%0A&pLetter=Y&country=USA&countryName=United%20States&language=English&language_id=4&article_id=175&cat_id=1&cat_des c=Case+Studies

Cuts rust, red or white lead, tar, grease, dirt, deposits of carbon, graphite, green corrosin, etc. without injury to basic metal, rubber paint or wood. Contains no acid, helps prevent further corrosion.

I got it when working at a bus company, used it to quiet my old bus. I'm about out, but I've got so much WD40 and some liquid wrench and some Marvel spray that I'll just hang onto the cans.

Does anyone know where the red straws can be obtained? thanks

wd is a water dispersant. that is what it stands for. it cleans real good.

if you need a dispersant that cuts a cup in half, them pb blaster is it. (notice in front of can where it demostates how it cuts a cup up.)

now let me say, pb blaster is good and will break nuts loose but there is some things to watch out for. main thing is seals. it will eat a rubber seal up if you get it on the seal. that is a drawback of this product. it also will not lubricate for a longtime so you have to relube hinges if you use it.

we have tried it on a timken maching and found it would not lubricate much at all. like i said, if you need a product that goes though cups, then you have the right product.(like what is on front of can).

tried penetro, it will not go though cups like pb blaster. It will not affect seals either. It also leaves on oil film on bolts. You want to take off what you sprayed as it will come off if leave it on, as it will vibrate loose as my front end did and a nut did on a tree pulverizer machine.

never used sea foam so cant tell you about it. It sounds good. like I said, Pb blaster works good on bolts just dont get it on seals. sound like you dont want to get it on fabric either from what others say as well.

But I would heed the advice from Bob, nevertheless.

A good chemical will have its up and down sides.

This must be printed in English in readable print. This rules out "triple-languaging" and silly claims and useless advertising..
One that claims to do everything but tie a man's shoes is the one NOT to buy..

Penetro is bar none the best all around penetrator and lasting lubricant in a can that I have ever had the pleasure of using. Good luck trying to find anything on this farm that squeaks.

hey pablo. I sneak on and off for a little while on a regular basis. always glad to hear from you.

those seals that had the problem with them was not immedediate. they sat for awhile. non the less, if you dont have problems with the seals, then more power to you. just thought you'd like the warning.

quote:

Originally posted by Sid:
The only experience I had with a WD-40 vs. PB Blaster were the squeeky doors in my house. Sprayed WD-40 in the hinges and the squeek came back after 2-3 months. Sprayed PB Blaster and the squeek disappeared for at least 6 months that I can remember. Winner? PB Blaster. But I will say that PB Blaster smells strong and bad so you may want to leave it to use on your automobiles.
smile.gif

For something like that, you should have used Boeshield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back