Paint Job

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in the Nissan dealer in Orlando yesterday getting the lug replaced that they stripped off during a tire rotation. I had time to kill so I went into the body repair shop to see how much it would cost to repaint my 94 XE King Cab. $4000
shocked.gif
just paint no bodywork or anything extra. When I asked why so much he said the lower priced paint shops mix the clear coat in with the paint. They apply the good OEM paint then clearcoat after.I think the dealers have gone the way the Hospitals have gone in health care.

When I asked an old friend in the body shop business how much a cheap paint job would be his reply was "it will cost me $1000 in materials to get started, do you really want me to paint your truck?" mix alot of labor in there at $75 an hour and it still sounds expensive.

I repainted my old flatbottom boat years ago, I learned 2 things 1)I don't like the prep work and 2) I don't like the painting. The cost seems to be the prep work quality and the paint quality. The trick 2 part paints are expensive. Dupont Centauri "if still made" is alot cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back