Our Jeep/offroading pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1999 Jeep Wrangler Bought Used with 19,000 miles on it (Now has ~37,000)

Specs: 2.5L Inline 4 OHV, 3 Speed Automatic (Chrysler Torqueflite 32RH), NP231 Transfer Case, Dana 35 Rear, Dana 30 Front, Rubicon Express superflex 4.5" Lift w/Deutsche Tech 3000 Shocks, Tube bumpers, Warn 9.5Ti winch, Lava lined interior, Hawaiaan seatcovers seatcovers.

Before: (guy is my dad)
DSC00026.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

f24c1dca.jpg

f24c1e3e.jpg

f23a358c.jpg

After:
DSC02618.jpg

DSC02621.jpg

DSC02624.jpg

DSC02711.jpg

DSC02712.jpg

DSC02713.jpg

The Mud pit that eventually killed the transmission
DSC02716.jpg

DSC02717.jpg

DSC02720.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
HOLY FRONT WHEEL TRAVEL!!!
shocked2.gif

I had a 1967 CJ5 willys with a V6 from 1973 till 2006. It went everywhere I wanted but they sure have increased the travel with the four link setup over the old school leaf springs.

Be safe! Bill

Very nice! +1

I got a 94 2.5 stick 5 speed that I take out to arizona after the winter and offroad the thing to death, they are bulltproof!

Looks like u had fun.

I'm an old time Jeeper..gotta 1978 CJ7. Nice looking Jeep, though. I'm not so sure I'd go 4cyl however.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Forget about the Jeep. Whats the scoop on the Scout 800?

Caught that one did ya? I don't remember what he did to it, it was carbed though I remember that. He was pretty worried about busting one of the axle U joints, it looked bad so he kept it out of 4WD as much as possible later in the day.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
I'm an old time Jeeper..gotta 1978 CJ7. Nice looking Jeep, though. I'm not so sure I'd go 4cyl however.

My mom bought it while my dad was out to sea. Was pretty hard to find a good used jeep in hawaii. I think we got that for $11k with only 19,000 on the clock. It was a great deal, and we didn't know any better at the time or we would have tried to get one with the 4.0L

All the ones that actually had offroading except the very last one, were taken in Hawaii. The first set at the place with the rock were taken at Kaena Point, the next ones were taken at Peacock Flats, also in hawaii. The very last one was taken in Mayfield NY.

Yeah, unless you need to whip big meats fast on slick rock or with deep mud, the 4 banger works fine. You won't be mud bogging with it ..but you probably won't with a 4.0 either.

Great pics, and some responsible wheeling.

Locals are fitting HP, big tyres, big suspensions, and then destroying the trail (trail which will need some firefighting vehicles come Jan/Feb to save their houses).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back