Ordered a Magnefine 1/2" Inline trans Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used this guide and it worked out well for determining the size of the transmission line, it should help determine which filter you need.

If the flare nut takes a 1/2" wrench then your line size is 5/16".

If the flare nut takes a 5/8" wrench then your line size is 3/8".

If the flare nut takes a 3/4" wrench then your line size is 1/2"

As already mentioned make sure you have the right size before you cut anything.

Originally Posted By: dorkiedoode
I have the same honda accord as you, I installed a 3/8th

I removed the batttery and the steal part the holds the battery case.

I remove one end of the lines that flows from the radiator to the tranny.

and I couldnt get that in.... I mean I got it in a lil bit... but i could not get it over that hump.

Strange.. i didnt know they made a 3/8s

in the size.

Im going to try again.

I think if I use some neddle nose pliars and sorta streach out the rubber it might be able to get it over that hump and then tighten down a lil bit with clamps.

does any one have a link to the magnafine with 3/8

strange mine says 1/2 on it.

I didnt know they made 1/2

Originally Posted By: Ken2
Quote:
Be sure to verify flow direction with a manual. That can also be done by cutting the hose, then extending each end into a container and starting the engine.
Just cranking the engine will cause flow to show direction on the cars I've worked on. Pull a coil wire or fuel injection fuse so the engine can't start, just crank.

The ribs on the plastic housing won't cool. They are either for stiffness or for marketing.

Use the 1/2" filter for the power steering return line. Get the right size for the transmission before you cut anything.

Yea I didnt cut anything.... the power sterring hose looks much bigger then the trans lines.

i didnt know the Honda needed 3/8s

I thought 1/2 was fine.

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Originally Posted By: dorkiedoode
I have the same honda accord as you, I installed a 3/8th

I was able to get the 1/2 on the hose.... but it was hard...

I mean I could get it o n.

what you think?

has anyone seen anyone use the 1/2 ???????????

Quote:
Be sure to verify flow direction with a manual. That can also be done by cutting the hose, then extending each end into a container and starting the engine.
Just cranking the engine will cause flow to show direction on the cars I've worked on. Pull a coil wire or fuel injection fuse so the engine can't start, just crank.

The ribs on the plastic housing won't cool. They are either for stiffness or for marketing.

Use the 1/2" filter for the power steering return line. Get the right size for the transmission before you cut anything.

well I guess I cant use the 1/2 on the transmission so I will have to use on the power sterring.

does anyone have a pic that shows where I want it?

do it???

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I've used this guide and it worked out well for determining the size of the transmission line, it should help determine which filter you need.

There is no flare nut.. only lil clamps that hold it over the steal hose tube.

Originally Posted By: Rhymingmechanic
I think I'm on my third Magnefine with no leak problems. My Chevy pickup takes the 3/8 size.

You might measure your line diameter before you start cutting. (An open-end wrench around the hard line works.) If your car has 3/8 lines you might be able to cram the 1/2 fittings in there, but I doubt that will work for 5/16 lines.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Yupp man i need 3/8

I can get the lines in the 1/2 magnefine filter but I mean I really pushing hard on it....
Im thinking about returning for the 3/8 filter

if the guy says NO.. I think I can get the lines to go in.. I mean I nearly had them in today..... and I didnt cut nothing...

I think it would be better to have 1/2 on??? perhaps better flow??? I dunno...

Ill try again... if I had got 3/8s the job would be done already.

have you heard of anyone putting 1/2s on 3/8s lines?

Originally Posted By: David1

You have a different setup, that list is probably helpful to someone, which is why I posted it.

If I were you I would get the right filter for your application. The last thing you need is a leak, or worse transmission damage as a result of it. JMO

Quote:
well I guess I cant use the 1/2 on the transmission so I will have to use on the power sterring.

Does your power steering reservoir have two hoses? One at the bottom that goes down to the pump, and one somewhere on the side that is the return up to the reservoir? Put the filter in the return line that goes into the side of the reservoir with the filter's arrow pointing up toward the reservoir. Yes, I've done it. It will add life to the steering parts.

Quote:

Does your power steering reservoir have two hoses? One at the bottom that goes down to the pump, and one somewhere on the side that is the return up to the reservoir? Put the filter in the return line that goes into the side of the reservoir with the filter's arrow pointing up toward the reservoir. Yes, I've done it. It will add life to the steering parts.

This is what mine looks like.

It cant be LINE 2

it has to be LINE 1 and it has to flow in that direction.... correct???

nwk95c.jpg

Originally Posted By: David1

You have a different setup, that list is probably helpful to someone, which is why I posted it.

If I were you I would get the right filter for your application. The last thing you need is a leak, or worse transmission damage as a result of it. JMO

yea, im just going to order the correct one and use thsi one for my Power steering.

i hear these filters are good for power steering.

I just have to figure out what hose to put it on and what way it flows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back