Orange sludge in radiator

If the coolant that you drained looks the same as the virgin G05 from the new jug, there is no need to flush again with distilled water. Just refill it and you're good to go.
I'm going to throw the correct 190 degree thermostat in it and maybe do another drain and fill a couple more months from now and call it good. I'm surprised one drain and fill was all it took for it to look as good as it does.

Well I pulled the thermostat to change it out out from a 180 to the 190 it's supposed to have. People tell me the fuel mileage takes a hit when it has a 180 thermostat in it. They definitely neglected the coolant over the years on this truck It was pretty rusty inside the thermostat housing. Guess it's something I need to check the next time I buy a used vehicle. Or just keep in mind that most people probably don't even change the coolant.

I know my dad never did on any of his vehicles. He was meticulous about keeping them washed and changing the oil, but that was about it lol

oh well I've done everything I can do with it. Just need to drive it and not worry about it I guess. I only paid 9500 for this truck so it's not that big a deal I just like to have fresh fluids in everything

Back