Optilube Ultraflow 5w30 has anyone tried or even heard of it ?

Opti lube is a reputable brand for sure even though it doesn't technically have certifications but tons of oils that don't have them still perform to or at least super close to the standard. They just chose to not pay the huge cost to say it's certified which raises prices and reduces the competitiveness. It's a good faith thing though, so It's not gonna be some bad oil. If it's well priced I'd buy it. I don't know what your shipping cost will be so add that and compare to local offerings. If a local brand name is a few quid more I'd get it instead.

Below are some previous discussions on this brand, plus some discussion about their additives which appears to be the main focus of their marketing. According to their website do they even market motor oil anymore?

Opti lube is a reputable brand for sure even though it doesn't technically have certifications but tons of oils that don't have them still perform to or at least super close to the standard. They just chose to not pay the huge cost to say it's certified which raises prices and reduces the competitiveness. It's a good faith thing though, so It's not gonna be some bad oil. If it's well priced I'd buy it. I don't know what your shipping cost will be so add that and compare to local offerings. If a local brand name is a few quid more I'd get it instead.
How would you know this? And are you sure they have "tons of oils" for sale?

Reactions: hrv
Its $22 for 5 litres here in the UK so gonna give it a go at that price
I've used Optilube XPD for years but hadn't heard of the oil or even if it was the same company

I think he was referring to other oils that don’t pay for the testing/certifications but still meet or exceed them (Amsoil, Hpl, ….)

Unless I’m reading that wrong
No I think you are correct. I was reading too much into it, coupled with the fact I couldn't find any oil on their site.

Back