Opinions on wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lfw74dW.jpg

The rims that were on the truck when I got it were rusted and the trim rings were pitted. The truck is in good enough shape I thought it deserved some better rims. I like the trim rings that came with it so I wanted to do something similar. I started noticing some trucks around town that had black rims with chrome/silver around the edges and thought they looked nice. I'm kind of old school and feel rims should be period correct, I don't like old muscle cars or trucks with modern 20'+ rims and two inch sidewalls, just doesn't look right to me. I also wanted to get the wheels out a bit, so these 4 inch off set worked out perfect.

I also wanted something easy to clean so I went with steel plus money was some what of an issue since this is an old truck I don't want to sink a bunch of money in it. With the Coopers they set me back about $1300.

Before and after.

vq1bZYw.jpg

RQcOmYF.jpg

I usually don't like chrome rings, but they look great on those wheels. I like the combo on your truck. Good choice!

Nice truck! In such good shape, I'd have a PDR guy pop out the ding on the fender and the door. I can't see how it would cost much.

Originally Posted By: Donald
The look great. But I would be worried about the steel rusting in a few years. UI

Yes that is a concern here in the rust belt that I'll have to deal with some day. But at less than a $90 a pop I won't be out to much
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Nice truck! In such good shape, I'd have a PDR guy pop out the ding on the fender and the door. I can't see how it would cost much.

I have the money for the hail damage, the worst part you can't see is on the roof because its a double roof they can't pop them out from the inside they have to pull them out. There is also a couple spots where I'm getting some surface rust that I will fix before it gets to bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back