Opinions on Petro Canada Bulk Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is purely out of curiosity ,

I work as a tech at a Mazda Dealer. We use Petro Canada brand bulk oil in multiple grades ( 0w20, 5w20, 5w30, 75w90, etc...) which is recommended by Mazda Canada. Just wondering if anyone had any info on the quality of this oil and or UOA's?

Note: 0w20 is all synthetic, 5w20 & 5w30 available in dino or synthetic.

Thanks,

Sean

Its very high quality, among the best out there IMO. They have a very modern refinery, and its FF for some of the manufactures, but I forget which ones. I would be it myself, except it is expensive, and I'm cheap..
grin.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bluestream
I would be it myself, except it is expensive, and I'm cheap..
grin.gif

Yep, very good oil. Try a distributor if you're interested. The gas station price is too high. However, I have enough Petro Points right now to do two synthetic changes for free, if I so desired.

I have an account the local PetroCanada dealer and I bought PC oils because they are competitively priced. Their Duron 10W-30 HDEO is cheaper than Rotella T ($47.10 for 12x1L vs $46.74 for 12x 0.946L). Their Supreme Synthetic 0W-30 PCMO is also good value for a synthetic ($5.47/L).

Probably can't get a better bulk oil here in the great white north. Have been meaning someday to get some oil from a dealer but I haven't with finding decent sales on other things. I have used their DuraDriveMV trans fluid and its AWESOME. I have used it in an automatic trans that calls for DexIII, and also a manual trans that calls for DexIII. Felt amazing in the manual and the auto is loving it too.

I have been using Petro Canada Supreme 5W30 motor oil since I can remember. No complaints. It's a great motor oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back