Opinions On Aero-Turbine Mufflers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2000SL, you mean the Hooker AeroChamber? I've had it on for over 2 years now, and am very satisfied with it. It has a nice low rumble heard from outside the vehicle, but absolutely no noise or droning on the inside with the windows up. The MPG gain wasn't anything drastic, maybe 1 mpg (at the most 2 mpg highway), but I'll take anything at today's fuel prices.

The AeroTurbine was simply too expensive at ~$200. I've since read posts that users considered them excessively loud. The company now offers an extra resonator to quieten them down some.

TLR

Hooker's Aero Chambers are sweet, and long lasting. The sound doesn't change over time, and they are built solid. A heck of a lot better than most of the other FlowClones, and way better than any coffee can...
 -

I've got a straight through perf core on my diesel pickups, my old jeep and my Ranger. The one on my 4.0 Ranger is a Magnaflow that came with the Roush exhaust, 2.5 inlet 2 x 2.25 outlets. Sounds nice, not too loud and all of the high mileage muffs still sound just like they did when I bought them. Still look nice too with the 304 cases.

quote:

Originally posted by Tosh:
Rusty Wallace uses and endorses them. Nuff said!

And doesn't Richard Petty still push STP oil treatment
lol.gif

[ August 29, 2006, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: ALS ]

quote:

Must not be looking very hard. Most engines that aren't built for it will have much less HP with open headers due to the decreased backpressure...

It is not the back pressure that increase HP, it is the resonance of exhaust wave matching up with the header and exhaust. You also need a system with matching diameter and flow rate to gain HP, not just the exhaust.

The problem with big piping and big exhaust, is that it will increase HP at higher rpm, at the cost of lower rpm.

Advance Exhaust Tech 1

Advance Exhaust Tech 2

Exhaust Basics

Design effect on noise

Header exhaust design effect on engine power

There is nothing "Bernoulli" about an exhaust. You don't have to lift anything off the ground, and you don't have to worry about down force inside. All you need to worry about is to make sure there is as little turbulent as possible for the application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back