Opinion on this TV

Have three Hisense Roku TVs...2-55", 1-65". The 65" is in our beach house and is an R7 series from 2018 and I paid $350 for it. The picture quality is outstanding on all three but the 65" is top notch.
Also have a 3 year old TCL 6 series 75" Roku in our basement. Picture quality is absolutely amazing...it's 120hz though.
Pay no attention to anyone saying Hisense and TCL are inferior.
They're likely the ones writing checks in the checkout line at the supermarket.

Here is a review on the TV. May not be the exact model humber but a link in the review takes you to the TV and seems like it might even be a step up a sale price of $200 off and close now in price to what the one you posted. It's not going to have Sony type satisfaction like the link I provided at the bottom, relying solely on Amazon reviews but everything is in the price.

Call me crazy but I dont see how you can go wrong at the price, assuming it proves to be reliable over time. Either way, again, at the price, what have you got to lose?

BTW, dont get hung up on trademark marketing words. QLED is an LED TV set. I say go for it. looks like a steal why even bother trying to go less expensive?
Marked down $210 to $348... or go with the one in your OP. I think in this price range, if you buy anything else other then this TCL you will be making a mistake.

If you want to step up to a 65 inch. This is a sweet deal too

Last edited:
Another new Hisense Roku TV buyer here. Been about 7-8 months - it's 55" and used only in the bedroom.

Never bought a cheap TV before and my first TV purchase-ever, was a 19" Zenith in 1971 - upon marriage.

Anyways, I'm very happy with the picture. Sound wasn't good, so I immediately added a Soundbar.

Thanks for the two links alarmguy. Eventually I'll need another 65" Sony for the living room and there's one on your link that has a custom-sized soundbar with it. I just don't believe that someone (AI or not) in Japan actually counted over one billion vibrant colors that come inside it.

How much overtime did they end-up paying that guy, to count to one billion.

Last edited:
I agree on the QLED, but I would take a cheap TCL over a cheap Samsung. Everything I read says the same - don't buy a cheap Samsung or LG TV- they can't compete with the no name Chinese ones and cut extra corners and don't last.

I have a cheap TCL I bought in the depths of the pandemic because that was all walmart had that day, and its worked fine.
I have the 49S405 TCL (Roku ) I bought for the man cave and have been very happy with .

I've been buying cheap tv's for 20 years now.

Everything from Olivia to Insignia, to Changhong.

The only one that has died was the changhong the rest were given away in working condition.

Still have a 13 year old open box Insignia LCD tv in my bedroom 40'' that was $149 open box.

I would shy away from the Fire OS tv's they are very laggy. Also depending on what you do, the Roku tv's can't run all the apps I need. I went with a google 65 inch Hisense and it has been fine for what it was.

I got it last year for $450 they are $350 now.

The Tv is shipped, only traveled about 70 miles. I guess Wal Mart has a distribution center near Topeka, KS Right now It is at the Fed Ex logistics center about 7 miles from my house.

After 2 days of using and learning (Yes Learning) the new set, I feel comfortable with it. Have done some basic picture adjustments for now. Prefer for their to be some initial burn-in before making final adjustments. I have mastered everything that matters. I now have one remote for everything.
That's nice. Been watching 4K vids on YouTube and it is definitely a cut above the basic Phillips 55 in that died. It was a 20th anniversary gift from my employer. It was so cheap that it didn't even a channel guide for OTA channels.

The most noticeable improvement is in black levels. It is adjustable in 1% increments. Adjusting this made a HUGE difference in the way the colors are presented. This thing produces colors I never even imagined before. Was watching a live snow walk video from Korea this morning. The snow is so white. There was live New Years's fireworks from Sydney Australia this morning at 8 AM. They are 20 hours ahead of me. Looked real nice without blur. Pretty much mastered the remote, no words just symbols. The Google TV interface is pretty much unnoticeable in normal use.

The online opinion on its laggy responses from screen to screen is true. Although NOT NEARLY as bad as advertised. Maybe my 666 mbps internet is helping. Only have notice real lag twice. 99.5% of screens change in a second or two.

The TV has a ethernet connection as does my WiFi box. Curious as to whether I should use it or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: JC1
After 2 days of using and learning (Yes Learning) the new set, I feel comfortable with it. Have done some basic picture adjustments for now. Prefer for their to be some initial burn-in before making final adjustments. I have mastered everything that matters. I now have one remote for everything.
That's nice. Been watching 4K vids on YouTube and it is definitely a cut above the basic Phillips 55 in that died. It was a 20th anniversary gift from my employer. It was so cheap that it didn't even a channel guide for OTA channels.

The most noticeable improvement is in black levels. It is adjustable in 1% increments. Adjusting this made a HUGE difference in the way the colors are presented. This thing produces colors I never even imagined before. Was watching a live snow walk video from Korea this morning. The snow is so white. There was live New Years's fireworks from Sydney Australia this morning at 8 AM. They are 20 hours ahead of me. Looked real nice without blur. Pretty much mastered the remote, no words just symbols. The Google TV interface is pretty much unnoticeable in normal use.

The online opinion on its laggy responses from screen to screen is true. Although NOT NEARLY as bad as advertised. Maybe my 666 mbps internet is helping. Only have notice real lag twice. 99.5% of screens change in a second or two.

The TV has a ethernet connection as does my WiFi box. Curious as to whether I should use it or not.
Most TVs have Ethernet ports that top out at 100 megs (even the big $$$ flagships, as of last year's models). You'll get more data throughput via WiFi if your signal is stable and reliable.

Most TVs have Ethernet ports that top out at 100 megs (even the big $$$ flagships, as of last year's models). You'll get more data throughput via WiFi if your signal is stable and reliable.
The TV is 2 ft away from the WiFi box which is strong and stable. Average 250 mbps. I knew there was a cap on the ethernet on the laptop.
Thanks for the info.

Back