Only FRAM filters at Mobil1 Lube Express ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeap. for example, Toyota dealer doesn't have to use Toyota OEM motor oil. They can use whatever oil they want.

I agree, it sounds like this is a pretty loose franchise setup.

If I were in charge of Mobil1 franchising, Mobil1 branded Lube Expresses would have Mobil1 filters available for the customers. And even though they would have other brands of filters (and oil) available, they would not be allowed to produce a glossy brochure showing the competition was better, and sell the customer on a different brand.

If you are unhappy,(I would be) contact Mobil with an email or phone call telling them of your experience. Phone call would get quicker results.

I don't imagine they would be too happy upon hearing the experience you just relayed to us. Most franchise set-ups have certain rules to follow to be able to use the company name.

The shop owner sounds like he is pushing cheaper to him materials. So he can have a better profit margin.

Since Mobil 1 has their own line of filters at a premium price, WHY would they post a sign in a shop carrying Mobil 1, to say Fram filters are better than theirs? Doesn't that raise a red flag in your mind?

Last edited:
I thought the concept of "high profit/low quality" was just an American thing...I guess it's spread to our good neighbours up north now...
02.gif

OP you're having a hard time finding Mobil1 Filters in Canada? Canadian Tire and Part Source carry them. I see them all the time. Maybe they don't have those stores where you live?

I think the reason that lube shop doesn't carry the Mobil1 Filters and uses Fram instead is because of cost. A Fram cost like 5 bucks. A Mobil1 here is around 15 bucks. To the average person out there, they may not be happy to know they are paying an extra 10 bucks or more for an oil change than the guys at Mr.Lube or Super Lube who use Fram filters.

I as many here would rather use the Mobil1 filter especially if you're using a Synthetic Oil and going on a long OCI but the average person doesn't know that filters differ from others. They think they're all the same. They don't like to pay more for what they think is the same as the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back