Onkyo TX-SR500, 50.00 good price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is an awesome price

and if it has component in/out for the video, keep in mind that component in/out is at least as good of a resolution as HDMI

even if it has no video switching, still a smoking deal for a surround sound amp from one of the world's most legendary audio firms!

Originally Posted By: LScowboy
that is an awesome price

and if it has component in/out for the video, keep in mind that component in/out is at least as good of a resolution as HDMI

even if it has no video switching, still a smoking deal for a surround sound amp from one of the world's most legendary audio firms!

Last time I checked, component video cannot do 1080p...so no, it's not as good.

Still, for $50 it would work fine as a basic amplifier.

Originally Posted By: dparm

component does 1080p fantastically, however, the evil movie studios have this feature crippled on many blu-ray players because using 1080p over component pretty much renders their copy-protection useless

1080p is not technically supported by component. Some players won't output it, some TVs won't take that as an input. HDMI still offers several key improvements over component beyond just the supported resolutions, but you can go on Wikipedia to read all that stuff.

Originally Posted By: LScowboy
Originally Posted By: dparm

component does 1080p fantastically, however, the evil movie studios have this feature crippled on many blu-ray players because using 1080p over component pretty much renders their copy-protection useless

Are you talking about SDI or Y Pr Pb?

The ONKYO TX-SR313 is much newer than TX-SR500, TX-SR313 has HDMI connections. I would go with TX-SR313 if you can get it for less than $100. $59 is the minimum bid, someone may bid more than that.

I finally got me an Onkyo TX-SR800 for 50.00.I'm not going to use all the speaker outputs,maybe only 4.Now, I've tried hooking 2 speakers to 2 different ports and i don't get sound on one.I didn't do no switching to ,like,THX,or Dolby,or other setting.Should i still get sound regardless out of all ports? I was listening to the radio only.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
If it is in stereo mode, only two "main" speakers would be active.
oh good.For a minute there i thought those channels were blown.Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back