One of those great experiences this evening

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to give a shout out to Kones Korner for anyone that's near SD or plan on ordering from them. In late February I purchased a used GSG-5SD from them. As some of you know the gun was so much fun to shoot but I had some serious feeding and jamming problems with it. I cleaned it several times and after no improvements I finally took it down to have my father in law look at it. We took it out to the pasture and he inspected/attempted to shoot it. He told me basically it was a turd. Never been cleaned, needed to be field stripped and basically a-bombed to have it work again. One of the plastic screws also broke off inside the stock so the stock wiggled a bit.

The first time I called Kones about it the employee said since it was a used rifle I was pretty much SOL. I asked to speak to the owner for a 2nd opinion and he recommended I try to shoot better shells. I tried and there was no difference. CCI, Federal, Blazer, Remington - it all jammed. I called back again and had them take a look at the rifle. I left it there for the owner to look at. He couldn't promise anything but said he'd look into it. I had a knot in my stomach thinking I probably was out $300 on this rifle. Fast forward a couple months later (today - 4 months later) and a handful of phone calls. I was told different stories by the employees but I always got the straight story from the owner who was really nice. I finally stopped in to ask the owner if there was any progress on the repair. He smiled and said, "I'm really sorry, I don't think there's anything we can do. We've looked into it and there's no progress. (he paused) Why don't you look around for another rifle here that suits your fancy and we'll trade straight up." My jaw about hit the floor. Did he really say that?

The store was closing in roughly 20 minutes and we don't live nearby to the gun shop. Decision had to be made quick. So I picked out a brand spanking new Henry lever action that shoots both 22 long and short. He even threw in a brick for me. Walked out without a dime spent. Seriously, I'm beyond impressed. Major kudos to these guys.

Just wanted to share a positive experience. They are out there, even in crazy times like these.

I love it when small business owners take care of their customers.

My Honda dealership sold an older motorcycle to a young guy buying his first bike. Long story short, the bike came back 2 months later with oil leaks and other problems. We tried to fix it but it was becoming apparent the repair cost would be more than the bike was worth. Instead of telling him SOL -we refunded the entire purchase price of the bike. It bothers me when people refer to them as Stealerships as with all businesses some are good some are bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back