once you use Auto-RX, will your seals be unhappy if you stop using it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that esters (at least 3 types of which I've seen listed being in Auto-RX) cause most seal materials to swell... I understand the reason they put a little into Mobil 1 is to balance the seal swell characteristics of the mostly PAO oil so that it is closer to that of dino basestocks.

If you perform an Auto-RX cleaning cycle (or 2 or 3), will your seals leak subsequently if you don't keep at least a maintenance level of Auto-RX in your oil? Or is it OK to revert to a good quality motor oil after Auto-RX cleaning without any seal problems?

Auto-Rx uses no synthetic esters and you have never read any attributes of natural occuring esters on a Mobil Oil can. How Auto-Rx makes these natural occuring easters clean seal material as well as oil lubricated rotating parts is why it works. Auto-Rx protects seals and never causes swelling. It is a good idea to always use maintenance amount of Auto-Rx in your engine for
the above benefits.

First the Disclaimer! * You should check with Frank the inventor of AUto-Rx or his site. I am no expert in the field of sludge and third party abrasive removal with Auto-Rx!*

Now I will repeat/parapharse what Frank said the other day. Frank said "The 3oz. maintence dose was for people that use synthetics and was not needed for those running conventional oil."

I still don't understand why you would not use a maintainence dose with a conventional oil. I thought part of the purpose of Auto-RX was to clean and keep the engine clean and I thought that in most cases, conventionals did not keep engines as clean as synthetics. I can understand using the Auto-RX in synthetics to keep seals in good shape but why not in conventional to help keep the engine clean. I'm currently running Chevron Supreme and want my engine to stay as clean as possible.

Maybe I'm just stupid, but I really don't understand the logic here.

Wayne

I do not know either. Some one asked this a few days ago and Frank gave them the answere I para-phrased. I used Auto-Rx three time once in my trans and twice in my engine. If I had known for sure that the car did not have any sludge I would not have used it. I figured Auto-Rx was cheap insurance on a car with over 100,000 miles agaist any further damge from deposits! Know that I own it I just use synthetics and follow a senseable OCI.

I do not see why anyone would use a maintence dose unless they have an on going issue with seals or deposit control!!I realise 3oz of prevention might be worth a pound of cure! My reasoning is that useing the product every 25,000-50,000 miles in conjunction with a quality synthetic when not useing Auto-Rx should provide all the prevention I need.

Luckily I have never owned a car that really needed Auto-Rx. For me Auto-Rx is more about peace of mind.

P.S. I think that the Transmission cleaning effect of Auto-Rx is even more profound and is often passed over by alot of people.

bigpaulo, as in sao paulo?
smile.gif

Auto-Rx WILL NOT hurt/harm seals or cause any issues during, or after any kind of use or treat rate from what we have seen in field testing.

The optimum for fixing seals that are dried or damaged is to use non "syn" oil during and after treatment but the seals will be clean and rejuvinated regardless of oil used. RX has a unique ability to get up under seals and clean out crap that is affecting their seal from deposits in the flanges of the sealing material. For the same reasons it cleans rings and valve guide seals improving compression and sealing of the Combustion chamber.

John, If Frank said what you are quoting above in that context I disagree.

Using Auto-Rx with syns as a maintenance dose but not needed if using dino oil? I can't believe he said that as it is illogical as Wayne said.

Frank is a chemistry genius but if he is on his chemo or the diabetes is kicking , that may explain the confusion. Respectfully please take that into account. Heck maybe I'm the one who needs to get checked !!!

Almost every motor oil including group I base finished oils are using esters in some form for the additive package now so nearly all motor oils are now "syn" to varying degree's.

3 ounce maintenance Auto-Rx Program is for both
non synthetic oil and synthetic oil. After you clean your engine with Auto-Rx (following the application instructions on www.auto-rx.com ) you have achieved a better compression and combustion efficency in this engine and to keep this engine
at same performance level. 3 ounce maintenance Auto-Rx program keeps your engine from any build up from contaminants and at peak performance. If
this benefit is not that important to you than every 25,000 miles do an Auto-Rx treatment and bring your engine back to a clean condition.

Additional benefit of 3 ounce maintenance program with synthetic oil is your keeping the seal material strong (buna rubber-silicone)by keeping complex additive packages from attacking the seal material. If you use a seal leak chemistry that swells seals in order to stop a leak you have severely weakened seal material integrity and will
cause seal to fail causing seal replacement to be necessary. Auto-Rx cleans seal material and keeps it pliable (no swelling )it's this process that allows Auto-Rx to clean transmission-power steering-units and refurbish seal material.

Auto-Rx is chemisry that works on ratio's depending on your type application. Auto-Rx
applications are on both web sites.Follow
the right application for your problem.

[ November 20, 2003, 06:53 AM: Message edited by: Frank ]

quote:

Frank

Member # 34

posted November 07, 2003 05:37 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Chemistry" of Dino Oil is perfect for keeping seals hardened just enough to effect a leak proof seal (after cleaning with Auto-Rx has taken place
no need to add 3 ounces of Auto-Rx every oil change if using dino oil ) 3 ounces of Auto-Rx maintenance is for those who use synthetic or semi synthetic oil.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 503 | From: Jacksonville Beach Fl | Registered: May 2002 | IP: Logged |

This is were I got my information!
cheers.gif

I was involved in this thread and agree with Jonbrowning. What's going on here?
I can see the product cleaning, but what is starting to worry me is the Non Definitive instructions After treatment with respect to seal life and the use/non-use aspect of the maintenance dose.

Remarks commmented on by you refer to seal leaks NOT SEAL MAINTENANCE. The post by Auto-Rx located right above your post is correct for seal maintenace and other benefits stated in the above post.

First of all, the ester combination in ARX does not cause seal swelling. Most seal leaks, and we are talking about cylinderical seals, occur from deposits lodging between the rotating shaft and the polymer seal. ARX as we all know, is very effective at cleaning out suck debis, and holding it in suspension. So now that we have removed the clump that is causing the seal to be mis-shapen, it is possible to have it rebound back to round and actually provide a good seal. The reason dino is used to fix seal leaks is that the seal is more likely readapt itself to the rotating shaft. Dino oils seem to stiffen the seal material. Synthetics don't seem to.

Once the seal has sealed itself, you can do what ever you want. Continue to run dino, switch to, a blend, full synthetic. I am a fan of running a maintenance dose of ARX with dino, in my vehicles.
But once you have fixed the seal, per the instructions, do as you please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back