Oil Study Donations (Z- Report)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that those of you with real technical backgrounds will bear with me. Maybe this is an overly simplistic approach, but why don't we just run the same battery of tests on gold that were done on green? Would that not immediately and conclusively tell us one way or the other what we're dealing with?

bruce381
Member # 7889

posted 27 July, 2005 08:43
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Terry: I tried to email but box is full. I do not blend small quarts or even gallon size and can care less whats in the GC BUT after seeing all the reactions about GC and all the **, though it would be fun to back engineer it. LOL That way I can make my own for nothing.

Right now I'm using a juiced up 10/30 CI-4/SL, PAO and GP III blend with a TBN 10 works fine in all my cars.

Do my own wear analysis and trouble shooting
aswell as plant lubrication surveys something of a lost art nowdays.

Independent or employed good question people at my company say I'm never working since they think lab time is not working.

NOT a competitor to you or anyone else here.

Learned the business from some of the best major oil (General Petroleum who knows that name? Mobil, Chevron, Shell) engineers 30 years ago all now retired or passed on back when the majors had LE's now they are all college kids with no practicle background at all book smarts but NO hands on work.

Bruce
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 698 | From: Millbrae, CA | Registered: Jun 2005 | IP: Logged |

General Petroleum I know that name. My friends stepdad worked for them. At least he did when I left home.

Any ideas what to do with the $600 dollars that belong to the donors to this study that is still on hand?

I'd certainly go for the testing of the GC Gold. It would be great to verify one way or the other as to how near the "Green" it is other than color.

Of course, we could keep in mind that formulations are changing frequently, but we did contribute that for the GC.

Let's go for it.

Well, I guess I really should say, "It has my vote".

[ January 07, 2006, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: krholm ]

I would be very much interested in donating for a test to see if the GOLD GC is as good as the GREEN GC. I went out and bought 20 quarts of the GC Stuff before I saw (online) that there was a gold and green edition. Unfortunately, my entire stock is Gold and now I'm stuck with it not knowing if it is this magical green stuff or not
tongue.gif

Ibuiltmine:

We aren't doing the Polaris Labs style of analysis, but it is nice of you to volunteer to help.
We're talking about doing the mad-scientist style analysis with lots and lots of lab time and really cool toys used on the sample.
Now if you happen to operate a nice chemistry/physics lab at a Tier 1 or 2 university, by all means, pipe up!

Okay, is anyone interested in getting a breakdown of Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5w40? I would be willing to send the sample, I just can't pay the full price for the analysis.

To all the members that donated. I have been keeping this money until a decision was made on how to proceed with the next test. I would like to see how the donors want to proceed. I need to do something with this money and it is up to the present donors only. Please let me know what you want to do with the remaining $600. I really need a decision ASAP.

Thanks,

patriot.gif

Testing the gold GC is probably the best way to spend the money, that way us GC junkies who still are running the green stuff will know if the gold stuff is made with the same trick chemistry, and then we can switch with confidence to the gold once our stashes of green run out.
smile.gif

Patman wrote:"Testing the gold GC is probably the best way to spend the money, that way ... we can switch with confidence to the gold..."

If you learn their secrets, they will change the oil again. You cannot know the contents of GC and be able to buy it at the same time. Be careful what you ask for, the uncertainty principle may apply to GC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back