Oil Ingredients

Hello All,

I am working to get into importing the raw ingredients of oil and fuel additives? I tried searching and maybe I didn't see it. But I was wondering if people knew some ingredients that companies like Amsoil, hot shots secret, etc. use. For example: zinc oxide, sodium nitrite, isopropyl alcohol, etc. Thank you very much for any of your help. Diesel pickups are a huge passion of mine and my new job has given me the opportunity to break into this market

The first questions I would pose are:

1. What country are you importing into?

2. How large is your port, including storage tank size and quantity?

Hello All,

I am working to get into importing the raw ingredients of oil and fuel additives? I tried searching and maybe I didn't see it. But I was wondering if people knew some ingredients that companies like Amsoil, hot shots secret, etc. use. For example: zinc oxide, sodium nitrite, isopropyl alcohol, etc. Thank you very much for any of your help. Diesel pickups are a huge passion of mine and my new job has given me the opportunity to break into this market
Usually they are subsidiaries of large oil company, then there's Ashland who owns (or used to own) Valvoline?

I would imagine you need to be in the $100M+ minimum to break into that business, or at least be part of a $1B+ business to be successful in that.

Not to mention, years long EPA, DOT, and who knows what other kinds of state and federal agency permitting processes and certifications you will need to complete to be in that business.

"Oil Ingredients."
???
THAT'S a new topic.
There have been a few in the past similar to this one. Generally the same MO with "I want to import ingredients" or likewise:

So you want to "break into" the petrochemical additive commodity importation market as part of your "new job"?
And you want us to tell you what to buy?
I find this very hard to swallow ...
Could you elaborate please?

What’s the connection between your passion for diesel pickups and your question about importing raw materials?
I often find myself reading about fuel additives, oils, filters, pickup manufacturers, I drive semi, and always work on my own diesel pickups. If I can begin selling ingredients to some of these companies that manufacture the products I used and read about, it would be great fun to get to learn more about something I am passionate about.

The first questions I would pose are:

1. What country are you importing into?

2. How large is your port, including storage tank size and quantity?
1. Into the United States or Canada

2. Currently we bring product into most major ports, (Oakland, Seattle, Long Beach, Houston, Baltimore, etc). and we subcontract our storage close to port.

I often find myself reading about fuel additives, oils, filters, pickup manufacturers, I drive semi, and always work on my own diesel pickups. If I can begin selling ingredients to some of these companies that manufacture the products I used and read about, it would be great fun to get to learn more about something I am passionate about.
That's going to be a tough road with the likes of Infineum, Lubrizol, Afton, BASF, etc. already being in the market.

Perhaps you can get into supplying some of those additive companies such as Hot Shot's. Who knows what they use.

Currently we bring product into most major ports, (Oakland, Seattle, Long Beach, Houston, Baltimore, etc). and we subcontract our storage close to port.
What are you trying to import? Because most additives are manufactured domestically.

1. Into the United States or Canada

2. Currently we bring product into most major ports, (Oakland, Seattle, Long Beach, Houston, Baltimore, etc). and we subcontract our storage close to port.

Ok, so a lot of the additive manufacturing takes place in the US, so I'm not sure what specifically you'd be looking to import.

Not to mention, years long EPA, DOT, and who knows what other kinds of state and federal agency permitting processes and certifications you will need to complete to be in that business.
My company is familiar with importing products currently. I know that zinc oxide and sodium nitrite are used in the oil industry, and those are already products we import and sell into the USA.

Ok, so a lot of the additive manufacturing takes place in the US, so I'm not sure what specifically you'd be looking to import.
The raw ingredients such as zinc oxide, sodium nitrite, (and hoping to look for others). I understand that the manufacturing occurs domestically, but I am looking to learn if there are certain others that I can add to that list of imported ingredients used in the manufacturing.

That's going to be a tough road with the likes of Infineum, Lubrizol, Afton, BASF, etc. already being in the market.

Perhaps you can get into supplying some of those additive companies such as Hot Shot's. Who knows what they use.

ya, hotshots is on my list of companies to call on. but was hoping to have more homework done before just asking what imported products they purchase. hahaha

others include:
power service
stanadyne
howes
archoil
amsoil
vp racing
lucas
smittys
stabil
schaeffer

Back