Oil for a 2014 Odyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Luck with the new Oddy. Great family car. I have used Mobil 1 and PP 5W-20 in my 2007 Touring and have not noticed any problems. Would not hesitate to use either in 0W-20 grade.

There is another thread about this "who has flushed a sealed toyota transmission"
Basically you can do it but it requires a process. You have to go thru a step by step process to make sure the fluid is a certain temp when you are checking to fluid level. I just done mine yesterday with a BG trans machine that hooks up to the lines. It basically was a fluid exchange. I used amsoil atl which meets toyota ws fluid specs.
Unless you are prepared to go thru a tedious process I would let someone with a fluid exchange machine do it. My toyota dealer told me $159.....call a couple others and see who's cheapest. If you can get it for $160 or less I would let them do it cause the fluid is expensive even if you tried it.

Originally Posted By: J. A. Rizzo
5K conventional, 7500 on syns in the Honda 3.5 VCM's. Period. Personally, I would not use anything BUT a syn in this Honda engine.

thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back