oil filters REVEALED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya im seeing how old these filter designs are. Back when the Purolator PureONES were still blue. Either way great info you cant find anywhere else.

Yes, it's the original and the regulars here have seen many it times. Though it has been updated, there are couple more recent ones, including a more scientific approach to testing them by our own river_rat, titled, Some Filtration Comparisons from the Bench. Do a search, read it and you will learn much about current oil filters and performance.

That said, as with many dissections including minimopar, some like them, some not so much, hope you don't get flamed.
48.gif

Originally Posted By: yaris0128
Still helpful to me! I see that its old, but still useful info.

Searching our filter section here i would say is more useful..better analyzing and studying of a filter.

Originally Posted By: Lethal1ty17
didnt know car & driver actually had their own line of filters

I think they sold them at Target stores.

sayjac, I wasn't trying to take credit, just posting the link you mentioned since BITOG can be a "search unfriendly site." I wish they would make river_rat's thread a permanent sticky.

That original filter thing .. I've harped on it before ...with his reference to "dirty oil" and "clean oil" ...hmmmm..

"Here you can see how this cheap POS ..who the engineers willfully use nitrile as the material for he ADBV ..allowing nasty toxic dirty oil to return to the sump to fester and harm your engine.

What kind of people are they!?!"

I found the obsession with "dirty oil" darkly comical.

We once went to get one of those $0.99 baby picture promotions at Kmart (first child). Naturally they give you a poor pose/shot for the $0.99 one ..and all the good ones cost you the big bucks.

Anyway, my wife asks what they did with those we didn't buy. The photographer says, "I'd hate to tell you what they do with these left over photos". What a sales pitch...

crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back