Oil contamination possible???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to add some pennzoil 2 stroke to the diesel, instead of the pricier boosters. I have read that this is safe for the engine, but how about the oil? Would there be contaminants like sulphur that would work its way into the oil? Should the OCI stay the same? I am on my 6th tank and have noticed a 1-2mpg increase, with no smoke,smell,or other ill effect and it sure runs better, but wondering if it would affect other things that are not so obvious. IF anyone has any experience/advice I would love to hear. So far its been just as good, just not as expensive! I am using roughly 1:120. If anyone knows any contraindications to the oil (which is T5 10-30) in a 6.0PSD let me know.

I do this also. It's primarily a lubricity additive, so I hope you are not expecting to see any power gains, because you won't. It very slightly raises the specific gravity of the fuel, which can slightly, very slightly effect the injection timing of a mechanically injected engine. Since it's designed to combust and not leave deposits, I honestly can't think of any reason it would be a problem for the oil, unless you really got carried away adding it to the fuel... and 1:120 isn't. I have run it at roughly 1:140... 1 gallon in my 140 gallon farm tank. I have used it in a couple of farm tractors and occasionally in my '86 F250 "PowerSmoke" 6.9L diesel. Not so much any more, because I'm no longer worried about ULSD in my old stuff.

All that said, I don't know why you'd need it in a HEUI Power Stroke,especially a late model one, which is designed from the getgo for ULSD. It's just an added expense, IMO, that's unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back