oil change stickers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you all really need a sticker to know when it is time to change your oil, or are you just looking for something free from an oil company?

Mostly the latter in my case. Lacking rebates and what not up here, I'm willing to settle for some stickers.

-Spyder

I agree to the second. Really I do not need the stickers,I have used white duct tape on the fan hood and that works. But it is nice to see what you can get for free to see how much these companies appreciate out loyalty to them. Oh by the way Mobil 1 did send me stickers. They came in the mail today. Very cool !

Thank you for contacting Castrol North America.

We would be happy to send you some Castrol stickers for your personal use. We will be sending them to the address you have provided below. Please allow 1-2 weeks for delivery.

Only response so far, but if they deliver all is good - only need 1 set.

-Spyder

Originally Posted By: Spyder7
I'll give them a few weeks and if nothing shows up I'll e-mail every oil company I can think of, even if I've never used their stuff. And if one of them delivers their oil or filter will be bought to go in at a future date.

Meantime I'll make due with my Blackstone Labs sticker and hope I don't have to recycle it :p

-Spyder

Spyder, I have an idiot maintenance required light that comes on around 5,000 miles. But just in case it malfunctioned or something, I clear my trip A on the odometer @ my oil change. that way I can see how far along I am on the oil. Just some food for thought. Works for me. Plus I sort of make a mental note of the millage at which I changed it. You be surprised at how your subconscious mind will alert you sometimes.

Last edited:

I wouldn't mind collecting some oil change stickers from various companies (I may have some Shell ones laying around from the early 1980s; I'm not sure). I don't use them, since one of my little pet peeves (more like OCD) is stickers. No bumper stickers, dealer stickers, parking decals, provincial parks decals, or oil change stickers are allowed on my vehicles.

Yes, I'm probably nuts.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Do you all really need a sticker to know when it is time to change your oil, or are you just looking for something free from an oil company?

I have a book that I keep all my maint. records in for each car. I show the date and any work performed. Oil changes, brakes,etc. No stickers for me.

Originally Posted By: tig1
Originally Posted By: Johnny

I have a book that I keep all my maint. records in for each car. I show the date and any work performed. Oil changes, brakes,etc. No stickers for me.
I use Google Docs and Microsoft Office Live. :D

I emailed Penz, Mobil Redline castrol and Royal purple.

All but penzoil delivered

I got 4 from RP
30 from mobil
~15 from castrol
4-5 from redline

They will also send you some other branded stickers.

Originally Posted By: Garak

I wouldn't mind collecting some oil change stickers from various companies (I may have some Shell ones laying around from the early 1980s; I'm not sure). I don't use them, since one of my little pet peeves (more like OCD) is stickers. No bumper stickers, dealer stickers, parking decals, provincial parks decals, or oil change stickers are allowed on my vehicles.

Yes, I'm probably nuts.

i totally agree. i like a clean look as well. i am even considering debadging my car.

Last edited:
I used to just jot the miles AT CHANGE in the corner of the windshield with a opaque marker. That got to be a pain though.

Originally Posted By: pompadour
i totally agree. i like a clean look as well. i am even considering debadging my car.

The previous owner debadged my Audi when he repainted it. I like it that way. For oil changes, I just write all my services down in a little notebook. We BITOGers pay enough attention as it is. Oil change stickers are just there for the general public to ignore.
wink.gif

Received my 6 free stickers from Castrol today. At the expected 2 OCIs/year I'm envisioning lately, this is a 3 year supply. Nothing from anyone else, but Castrol was also the only one to respond to my e-mail request. 6 are enough. I considered it a score if I got some from any of the companies I e-mailed. Along with my freebie Castrol cap that came with the jug of Syntec I bought, these guys are the only crew I've gotten any freebies from.

Props to Castrol for customer service.

-Spyder

I emailed Mobil and Valvoline. I got an email response from Mobil and 20 stickers in the mail. Neither from Valvoline yet. 20 is a pretty good supply though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back