Oil change reminder labels on windshield - WHERE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a logbook personally, and my Yaris has a nice feature of dual trip meters. First meter is for my mileage since last fill-up (I've never trusted a fuel gauge), second meter is used for my OCI.

I like seeing it all the time in the window as a reminder, I forget the little things that need to be done all the time.

The tag in the window works well for me.

Good thing someone invented for POST EM's

Originally Posted By: qship1996
I save my latest oil change data in my cell phone "contacts" area....the "name" of contact is "oil change and date", the "phone number" is the cars odometer reading at time of oil change.....this way I always have access to this when I am not in the car, and it takes less than 30 seconds to update on your next oil change!

i keep a running log in a little notebook in the glovebox. date, mileage, what was done etc...

I bought 25 oil change stickers a few years ago, the local auto chains were all out. I guess some people like to stockpile oil change stickers.

I don't use a window sticker anymore. I just enter the data in the maintenance book and refer to it as needed.
I like the way Buster keeps track of his mileage, he posts it on this web site.

Originally Posted By: Rabbler
Blackstone includes them with the oil sample containers, hint hint..
wink.gif

Yeah thats what Im rocking right now. I got a Good one coming. I also have a log book with everything I touch on it recorded. Even tire pressures and bulb changes.

You could always do it the way I've seen a few (in the junkyard, ironically): Get a paint pen and write in the date and mileage in REALLY BIG NUMBERS right on the top of the air cleaner/intake plenum/engine cover. Then you'll see it every time you open the hood!

Local auto parts stores have free ones available most of the time.

I don't use oil change reminder lables... I write it down on the small notebook , and reset trip A when I change oil...

When my trip A reach 5k, I change oil again.. easy to remember.

I also bought mine on ebay for next to nothing. Even though I write my oil changes in a small notebook I keep in the glove compartment, I like using the oil change stickers so I can know at a glance when I need to change my oil.

Wayne

I always get them at Advance Auto or O'Reilly Auto Parts...They are usually around the oil and free to take...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back