Oil change after this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got 1700 miles on my currant QS 10w30 Green bottle and Wix filter.

Spent all weekend in stuff like this or worse. Was stuck behind a fleet of motorhomes pulling toy haulers a few hrs today.

0425001514.jpg

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
As above, it depends on your confidence in the integrity of the air intake's seal. Have you ever had a UOA or other reason to doubt it's integrity?
I did in the past but I fixed it with a foam strip.

Even if you are going to change the oil early because you don't trust the air seal, I'd clear everything out of your air intake first to make sure more stuff aren't going to get sucked in. I'd blow/vacuum the intake and the filter (in the correct direction) then run another 50-100 miles to make all the dust are in the oil, then change it.

If you don't have a problem with your filtration, then you don't need to change anything at all.

+1...air filter check after all that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pop the air filter, and check for evidence of dust on the engine side of it.

Should stand out on black rubber/plastic bits.

No dust, no worries.

We had ridiculous dust storms for days, and filter appears to have caught the lot.

I pulled the air filter out and there's no dirt in the air box or intake hose. Filter was only 2 weeks old and I can still see light through it. Bumped it on the ground a couple of times to get the loose stuff out and back in it went.

I've driven through dust storms like that last year and still have the same oil in my car. Has about 2,000 miles on it now. Recently pulled the filter/air box and the filter was moderately dust loaded with about 10,000 miles on it. If the filter/intake tract is sealed properly and it's not a K&N
43.gif
, I'd have no worriers and run the oil change like you normally would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back