Offshore High Performance Engines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pete591
FYI M-1 V-Twin has 1600ppm Zn & Ph

Major Stout and FP is over 496*F

With all due respects...wouldn't the V-Twin 20/50 still break down like all other multi weights?
While I'm not running a $70+K engine my well built 468 flat tappet BBC Jet Boat engine turned VR1 20/50 into water in short time! (no oil cooler used)

*Now I'm considering going back to straight 40wt or 50wt and maybe switching brands to Brad Penn (ole Kendall green forumla)
1500ppm zinc & 1400ppm phoso

PS...good thread!

Originally Posted By: HammerDown
Originally Posted By: Pete591
FYI M-1 V-Twin has 1600ppm Zn & Ph

Major Stout and FP is over 496*F

With all due respects...wouldn't the V-Twin 20/50 still break down like all other multi weights?
While I'm not running a $70+K engine my well built 468 flat tappet BBC Jet Boat engine turned VR1 20/50 into water in short time! (no oil cooler used)

*Now I'm considering going back to straight 40wt or 50wt and maybe switching brands to Brad Penn (ole Kendall green forumla)
1500ppm zinc & 1400ppm phoso

PS...good thread!

Mobil 1 V-Twin/Amsoil/RL 50wt grades use little to no VM's at all so they are essentially straight grade oils. Their naturally high vis base oils makes them multigrade without the need for VM's.

Originally Posted By: **** in Falls Church
This past season, Bob Teague ran the new (not then released) AMSOIL Dominator 20W-50 Racing Oil. Or, so he said in Duluth in July.

Prior to signing on with Amsoil he endorsed a conventional 60wt and in Powerboat Magazine felt synthetic oil would cause cam flat-topping.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: Steve S
Is Bob Teague $ponsered by Am$oil?

Yes proudly and he uses Amsoil!

He was 'anti-synthetic oil" a couple years back. He said in Powerboat Magazine it "flat-tops" the cam.

Glad he is onboard.

Originally Posted By: lazaro
well in the past 2 years he has flat out run his competition.
His success is mainly due to the oil selection.

Originally Posted By: lazaro
well in the past 2 years he has flat out run his competition.
His success is mainly due to the oil selection.

LOL they asked him that question after his first race and win of this year and that is what he happened to say
thumbsup2.gif

thanks for pointing that out Steve S
thankyou2.gif

I would bet the bank he would say the exact thing if Redline oil or Chevron oil,or Schaeffers oil sponsered his busisness.

I would bet the bank he would say the exact thing if Redline oil or Chevron oil,or Schaeffers oil sponsered his busisness.

it helps that he has murdered the competion for 2 years.
Team AMSOIL earned 200 points for the win which was enough to secure the OSS National High Points Championship for 2008. Team AMSOIL also accumulated more points than any other team in any class during the 2008 OSS season.

Team AMSOIL is now busy preparing the boat to compete in the three race World Championships held in Key West during the first week of November.

The AMSOIL Offshore Race Team continues to have great results with the new 15W-50 racing engine oil and the array of AMSOIL lubricants used in every component and system in the race boat. The team thanks AMSOIL for its great sponsorship package and attributes its racing success to the superior lubricants it offers. Thanks also go to AMF Offshore Racing for race support and their efforts to further the entire sport of offshore powerboat racing.
United We Race!

Next stop: World Championships in Key West, FL – Nov. 2-9
See you at the races!

There is no way he{TEAGUE} would win any race with out Amsoil in his engines .I have heard Mclaren F1 team pours the M1 trick oil out and refills the bottles with Amsoil SSO 0w-30. When Dr Hass says he puts 0w-20 in his cars it is really Amsoil SSO 0w-30. Mrs.Hass drains out what ever oil Doc Hass has on the shelf and refills the bottles when Doc Hass is at the office.

There is no way he{TEAGUE} would win any race with out Amsoil in his engines .I have heard Mclaren F1 team pours the M1 trick oil out and refills the bottles with Amsoil SSO 0w-30. When Dr Hass says he puts 0w-20 in his cars it is really Amsoil SSO 0w-30. Mrs.Hass drains out what ever oil Doc Hass has on the shelf and refills the bottles when Doc Hass is at the office.

keep talking SSSTEVE
your story wont hold water to this! if you can stand to watch the whole 2 minutes, LOL LOL!
happy2.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDQ1gcR8NOA&feature=related

Originally Posted By: buster
Originally Posted By: Volvohead
It's Cigarette. And conventional Valvoline 20w-50 racing grade is still a very popular oil among that crowd.

Seriously, super high flash points and -60 pour points means squat on the water.

And how do you know this?
Common knowledge in boating circles.

Amsoil must fall into the same class as magic pixie dust then. Just pour it in and magically your engine was assembled correctly, your prop selection was right, your driver was in the zone, and yur huul shape changed for the water condition. Wow, all that in a bottle of oil!

Wins don't come in little plastic bottles. Sponsorship money didn't hurt though.

When it comes to Amsoil it does. Amsoil is a magic oil it is the best in the world. Some users of it have their mpgs increased by 5 to 10 mpgs.

When it comes to Amsoil it does. Amsoil is a magic oil it is the best in the world. Some users of it have their mpgs increased by 5 to 10 mpgs.

too bad you wouldn't be able to point anyone out who had those savings and if you did you would close your eyes
05.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back