Of What Use Is An "Upper Cylinder Lubricant"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either a nuclear transmutation took place or someone has grossly misstated and misinterpreted Hill's lectures.
confused2.gif

Originally Posted By: Torino
Lead was banned from gasoline for PURELY political reasons. John--Las Vegas.

LOL.

Without getting into the flawed chemistry your point is what?

Originally Posted By: morris
yep i think thats him. i for got he worked for NHRA. i think he was in charge of making sure the fuel the the racers used at NHRA was legal. i think i read an artical he wrote about what how the fuel is tested. a LONG time ago. DR Hill said that the lead and bromide combined under heat to make a bromide salt. else the lead will not leave the chamber. that comes out white in color. remember the white tail pipes when the engine is running right?

What is the consensus about UCL? I know I'm bumping an older thread. But, are there any benefits to a 03 Ford F-150 4.6?

Originally Posted By: Onetor
What is the consensus about UCL? I know I'm bumping an older thread. But, are there any benefits to a 03 Ford F-150 4.6?
You're not going to get a consensus. Try it for yourself. TC-W3 is cheap. 1 ounce per 5 gallons of gas.

Last edited:
modern engines have a notch on the faces of the conrod that line up to shoot some oil at the bottom of the piston.

" Lead was banned from gasoline for PURELY political reasons. John--Las Vegas." not very many people know about the get lead out lie. but John does.

I've had 2 bottles of mmo laying around for quiet a while. Recently I picked up a dodge neon which are known for crappy engine mounts causing a vibration at idle when they're worn out. I decided to throw in some mmo to see if it helped smooth out the engine while waiting on my engine mounts I've already ordered. Took it for a drive and I seriously do definitely notice a difference. After that I went ahead and added it to my 94 E150 and while sitting at a light you can't even feel the thing running. I am definitely impressed.

Originally Posted by R1jake
I've had 2 bottles of mmo laying around for quiet a while. Recently I picked up a dodge neon which are known for crappy engine mounts causing a vibration at idle when they're worn out. I decided to throw in some mmo to see if it helped smooth out the engine while waiting on my engine mounts I've already ordered. Took it for a drive and I seriously do definitely notice a difference. After that I went ahead and added it to my 94 E150 and while sitting at a light you can't even feel the thing running. I am definitely impressed.

I've used fp+ for ears and recently switched to schaeffers soyultra when lcd stopped selling gallons. I think some people just dont appreciate the subjective effects. For me, if it does a little cleaning, thats a nice bonus, but i appreciate the smoother idle and how the car feels under load. Measurable performance difference is unlikely, but the subjective effects, to me, are worth 50 cents a tank.

Whats also worth 50 cents a tank is just being able to fill up at the cheapest gas station and knowing the engine will stay sufficiently clean. Around here that is 76, which is top tier, but the price for premium, which my car requires, can vary by over a dollar per gallon in just a 5mi radius. If the cheap spot wasnt top tier, id still be filling there since the price difference of 2-3 tanks of 93 at the local shell could buy me 100 tanks worth of soyultra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back