octane booster yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the question. Are you asking if you should put octane booster in 87 to make it 91?

Yes that is the idea. I should probably just forget about the free gas and go on with life. It(life) is too short.

What is the car. Some "need" it and some NEED it.

If the timing can be adjusted by the ECU I may just run the 87.

The other option is to fill half with 87 and the other half with 93, your free gas will last longer, your tanks will be cheaper than if you just went and filled up at a pay station, and youll be set.

Would sleep well and not worry about it. In some areas of Colorado high octane gasoline may not be always the best answer.

In parts of the state there I noticed that they sell 85 octane because of the altitude.

Octane boosters don't actually raise the octane levels much.

You can always mix the free gasoline with 93 octane too as the previous poster mentioned.

If you are going to drive normal, use a mix of gas. [censored], I would try to go the 87 straight at first with I was not beating on the car. The worst that will happen is the check engine light pops on until you run that gas down and some higher octane in there.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
You would need a whole lot of octain booster to bring 87 to 91. When they say that the booster adds 1 point it means that it brings 87 up to 87.1.

This

Originally Posted By: DreamerGT
Originally Posted By: Chris142
You would need a whole lot of octain booster to bring 87 to 91. When they say that the booster adds 1 point it means that it brings 87 up to 87.1.

This

Bingo

I don't "buy" (believe) in the over the counter "Octane Booster" products....but have used Berryman's B-12 CHEMTOOL, and that stuff is some stout stuff......I'd only "imagine" it would/should almost HAVE to increase the octane at least a little bit.....being that it's got a crazy concoction of solvents in it........not something I'd be running in every tank though! In fact, they recommend one treatment (1 oz. per 1 gallon of fuel...) every FIFTH tank fill up
wink.gif
If that tells you anything......hehehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back