nut drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Can anyone recommend a good US/first world made nut driver set (preferably hollow shaft) that gives you a 10, 11, 12 and 13mm driver? It seems like each set out there leaves at least one of those out, and the manufactuer doesnt make it.

I dont mind a hodgepodge kit but would rather a set.

Anyone know who makes the nut drivers for mcmaster?

I havent used them until this point in my life, so Im not sure if they would be enough of a staple to justify snap-on.

You could go to McMaster-Carr and purchase anything you require.

McMaster-Carr has a HUGE selection of just about anything mechanical.

A few things to know about McMaster-Carr:

Their catalog is just about the Bible of mechanical stuff it is a big catalog with just about anything you can think of mechanical in it, but they will not give out or sell you a catalog. They send them to companies who purchase large dollar amounts of stuff from them. Some of these companies receive more than one.

You can purchase the most recent McMaster-Carr catalog on e-bay for about $79 + about $7 for shipping. However you can purchase one or two issues older (they number the issues) for about $7 + about $7 for shipping.

McMaster-Carr has a special deal with UPS, because they are the largest customer UPS has. You can expect your package to arrive on your door step tomorrow, or in two days at the most, but most times it is at your location the next day. And the cost for the shipping is lower than what you would normally pay for something you would ship the cheapest way (normal take a week way).

You could check out McMaster-Carr website, but the catalog is really the way to go.

Oh, I know about McMaster... I just placed an order with them today in fact for some socket stuff...

I don't find much use for these... but I have them just in case.
4148883592_52cd457f82_b.jpg

I have a single nut driver tool. It has a 1/4" drive end so you can put any 1/4" drive socket on it. It's much easier than having a whole set of nut drivers. It also has a square hole in the top of it, so you can put a 1/4" drive ratchet on it for more leverage. It's a Napa Evercraft tool.

I have ordered nutdrivers from McMaster. Some are Proto and some are Crescent. Here's what I got:

6919A12 Proto "Nonmagnetic—Chrome-Plated Steel Solid Shaft"
53765A12 Crescent "Nonmagnetic with Comfort Grip Handles—Zinc-Plated Steel Solid Shafts"
7299A25 ??? "Metric Hollow Shaft." I'll have to check on this one. It's in the trunk of a car parked at home. The McM-C illustration sure looks like a Pratt-Read.

The problem with recommending a product is that the OP doesn't always buy what
you recommend. It's almost a waste of time unless you're getting paid for it.

Originally Posted By: Stu_Rock
7299A25 ??? "Metric Hollow Shaft." I'll have to check on this one. It's in the trunk of a car parked at home. The McM-C illustration sure looks like a Pratt-Read.
It is a Vaco, which is Klein without the rubber grip. It's good.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
The problem with recommending a product is that the OP doesn't always buy what
you recommend. It's almost a waste of time unless you're getting paid for it.

I have a different problem. In the 45 years since I got mine, they might have changed model numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back