Not whining but....

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got the news at work.

401K matching halted as of Jan 15.
Pension funding halted as of Feb 1.

Pension underfunded. 2006 law. Stock value is now so low that matching has substantial dilution, and not enough cash to have the 4.5% match as cash. Told the boss the CEO and board just told us the emperor has no clothes. I needed to explain it to him.

Caesar we have a problem.

Perhaps start your own investing thing on the side. Get hooked up with one of those Scott trade type places.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I bet you your boss/CEO still gets a big freakin' bonus though...

Oh the natives are already asking those kind of questions out loud. I know the CEO, he's not the type. We shall see.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
We just got the news at work.

401K matching halted as of Jan 15.
Pension funding halted as of Feb 1.

Pension underfunded. 2006 law. Stock value is now so low that matching has substantial dilution, and not enough cash to have the 4.5% match as cash. Told the boss the CEO and board just told us the emperor has no clothes. I needed to explain it to him.

Caesar we have a problem.

These would be the least of your worries if you had been told instead that your employment would end on January 15th...

I hear you. That's what the wife said. Not whining in the least, just increase the savings some more. Maybe have one of my LLC's start paying me.

Buy bulk Ramen and make lunch packets. Ride your mordorcyle to work. Forgo haircuts and back hair shaving sessions and grow a beard for facial protection during the cold season.

You should heed mori's words words of wisdom, pilgrim Pablo. You may make back hair a fashion statement. The whole "caveman" thing is en vogue right now.
12.gif

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Buy bulk Ramen and make lunch packets. Ride your mordorcyle to work. Forgo haircuts and back hair shaving sessions and grow a beard for facial protection during the cold season.

So you heat less water, take cold showers. Unlike your finances, you can't get any more shrinkage than you're already dealing with.

shocked2.gif
grin2.gif

That stinks. I'd take this opportunity to implement a tight budget on the family members. I can't seem to get my wife to stop splurging on certain things until she is scared financially.....

We live pretty frugally. I was offered another job a couple weeks ago with good beni's.....turned it down....now I must admit I have second thoughts.

I'm been thinking about the hair growth because of the cold anyway!!
crackmeup2.gif

mordorcyle??

Hobbit cycle??

LOL.gif

Grandma and Grandpa bought 50lb bags of beans. They kept them under their bed to prevent pilferage. 6 kids during the depression will make one inventive.

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Originally Posted By: BrianWC
Come work with me! The federal govt is hiring!
blush.gif
shocked2.gif
smirk2.gif
banana2.gif

Would I have to do anything???
smirk2.gif

I don't! And I just got promoted!
LOL.gif

Nah, seriously. I've got a month left with the forest service before I transfer to the Corps of Engineers. Here at the FS, everyone is in a panic b/c they think we're about to have to manage another CCC-type works program. Not that that would be a BAD thing. We've been bled of personnel for so long that we really don't have enough people to manage the forests the way they should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back