NOACK - Carbon Build up - A40?

Is it still the prevailing thought that intake carbon buildup comes a lot from NOACK properties of an oil?

About to get my intake valves walnut blasted on my Macan S (128k mi, V6 twin turbo), I mostly use M1 0w40 FS. Will probably just stick with that and 5k intervals (filter 10k). But I'm curious if there's a diff oil I should consider that's A40 or as good as A40 and has lower NOACK.

Noack on 1 hand, exhaust gas reversion on the other. I'm going with a no VII, ester containing oil in my DI engines anyway. 10W-30 to be precise. I could likely get away with a 20W-xx even in the coldest of winter, so 10W-30 allows the winter grade to slip and still be more than adequate.

I've never seen any actual data to support this relationship. Intake valve cleaning is simply a maintenance item on any DI engine no matter the oil, fuel, or whether you run a catch can or not.

I was thing to fit something like a pneumatic tool oiler in the pcv system, so an intake cleaner can be fogged regularly. Should be easy to fit just before the intake.

what do the spark plugs look like?,proper heat range being used?? maybe change fuel to a higher value,,, Pennzoil euro-5w-40

Back