No good deed goes unpunished.

Visiting mom tomorrow and I waited for traffic to die down before I ran to Costco form gas and biscotti that she likes.

Tractor trailer kicked up a re-tread and damage my bumper. This stuff drives me nuts.
1708735233656.jpg
1708735272405.jpg

ugh I know that feeling
could have been worse but could have been better too.

I was coming home in my 2015 forester a few years back and an old cherokee ran over one of those road gators.
It pinstriped the windshield pillar, tore off my mirror and left marks along the hood and fender.
I was lucky it didnt shatter my door window when the mirror hit it.

Visiting mom tomorrow and I waited for traffic to die down before I ran to Costco form gas and biscotti that she likes.

Tractor trailer kicked up a re-tread and damage my bumper. This stuff drives me nuts.View attachment 205065View attachment 205066
One time in my 335i I ran over a shovel head. Was truly fearful of what damage may have occurred, it was on the Platt Bridge in Philly, no way to avoid it.

Good luck getting yours fixed…

Got home and lifted her up. Only punctured the plastic covering near the drivers door…

Before I retired I had a 45 minute interstate drive morning and evening. On a trip going home a tractor/trailer was passing me and when the rear trailer tires pulled even with my door one of his tires right next to me exploded. A piece wiped my door mounted mirror completely off. Scared the ever loving daylights out of me. I was so glad to even be alive it was the next day before I thought about the mirror.

One time in my 335i I ran over a shovel head. Was truly fearful of what damage may have occurred, it was on the Platt Bridge in Philly, no way to avoid it.

Good luck getting yours fixed…

Got home and lifted her up. Only punctured the plastic covering near the drivers door…
Trying to look at it from the bright side. I was thinking of a re-spray because I have a good bit of road rash and I scuffed the underside of the passenger front corner within a year of owning the car. I guess it'll be a new bumper ($710) then paint and labor.

Something for me to obsess over.

Ugh. Most of the damage I’ve taken on my vehicles has been due to kicked up retreads.

Trying to look at it from the bright side. I was thinking of a re-spray because I have a good bit of road rash and I scuffed the underside of the passenger front corner within a year of owning the car. I guess it'll be a new bumper ($710) then paint and labor.

Something for me to obsess over.
May wanna look into a pre-painted bumper and install yourself.

May wanna look into a pre-painted bumper and install yourself.
Not sure if that exists for BMW or if it does any good etc….

Someone stole my tow hook cover and I had to buy it primed only (BMW OE—eBay will sell it painted to your color code).

I spent $56 on eBay getting the paint plus clear. It looked really good when I painted the cover. Put it on the car and the shade is
Off. Glad it’s not something bigger or more obvious.

On the other hand with my Lexus it does come OE with the factory paint code and matched perfectly (drip rails and door handle caps). But those were easy to order through parts.com which no longer exists…

I hate it for you.

We recently had a steer tire explode on one of our trucks and it definitely was not a retread. It did quite a bit of damage to the fender and even the driver side step. They are running quite a bit of pressure, between 110-130 PSI depending on the steer.

Tractor trailer kicked up a re-tread and damage my bumper. This stuff drives me nuts.View attachment 205065View attachment 205066
UPDATE:

Claimed under comprehensive and is in the shop. The shop is charging my insurer over $4k in parts. I haven't seen an itemized break-down but when I can buy the bumper for $700 I have to wonder if my insurer is getting taken for a ride.

UPDATE:

Claimed under comprehensive and is in the shop. The shop is charging my insurer over $4k in parts. I haven't seen an itemized break-down but when I can buy the bumper for $700 I have to wonder if my insurer is getting taken for a ride.
the lack of repair shops and people going into that kind of work has made it to where body shops can basically name their price. all you can do is go across town to the other shop that's going to charge the same price.

the lack of repair shops and people going into that kind of work has made it to where body shops can basically name their price. all you can do is go across town to the other shop that's going to charge the same price.
Picked it up a little over a week ago.

The quote included a new driver side headlamp assembly ($1200) and refinished of the driver side wheel. She looks oh so good now but makes me not want to drive it.
1711652990018.jpg

Back