Nissan xterra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a new (2007) xterra with a six speed manual. Looking through the the owners manual they spec a nissan atf for the transfer case and a nissan manual GL-4 trans lube. Are there alternatives or should I stick with mfg products? Thanks

E-mail Dave at Redline. I did for my 07 Tacoma Prerunner. He recommended MT-90 for the transmission and 75-90 for the differential. I have changed them both at 5k. No problems to report. Amsoil would have been my next choice, but I can get Redline locally at a very good price.

Quote:

I just purchased a new (2007) xterra with a six speed manual. Looking through the the owners manual they spec a nissan atf for the transfer case and a nissan manual GL-4 trans lube. Are there alternatives or should I stick with mfg products? Thanks

I'd use Amsoil MTG GL-4 75W-90 in the tranny.

And Amsoil ATD Torque Drive in the transfer case .

Not sure which diff's you have but for the Differential, Rear M226 you'll need 75W-140, Amsoil SVO Severe Gear GL-5 75W-140

The others you can use Amsoil SVG Severe Gear GL-5 75W-90 OR Amsoil SVT Severe Gear GL-5 75W-110

You can't go wrong with any of the boutique fluid companies here. Redline, Amsoil, Royalpurple, Torco, Motul......all make excellent fluids in the specs you require.

The x-case will have no problem using ANY synthetic universal or dex/merc ATF. If offroading abuse is planned, I'd step up to an MTF/MTL from Amsoil/Redline.

Gear oils for the front/rear end are easy. Just match the spec required to the brand you choose. If there is a clutch or cone type LSD, you should plan on adding LSD additive.

Your location should have no problem with any of the GL4 or GL5 manual tranny fluids. For those with colder weather, diluting the trannies gear oil with a thinner MTF/MTL 10-50% will improve cold weather shifting. MT90, 75w90NS, Maxgear, and Gear300 are some to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back