New Zero Turn 60 to 72 " cut

I have a Grasshopper 430D (diesel) 72" cut I bought new around 10 years ago. However the price of a new one now is right around $20,000. Insane.

Definitely a commercial quality mower. I run Oregon G6 gator blades on it. It will mow down a forest.
I was a diesel fan prior to the Gas EFIs. I still like my diesels but my gasser is more efficient.
Great mower 🤩

Apparently, they have even gone up more. 60" lists for $23,325 If I did not already have one, I would not pay that much.

1714764387619.jpg

I had a Kubota ZG327. It mowed fantastic. Bought it brand new in 2007 for $9,500.00. It now costs more than $14,000.00

My preference is for Kawasaki engines. Because they mow so fast, I prefer the agility, less weight, and less scalping of a 60 inch vs. 72 inch (unless you are mowing many acres of wide open area with few trees/obstructions). I am VERY pleased with my workplace Exmark - built like a tank. Scag is the favorite of the lawn care companies in my locality. This indicates to me that they are the best "value" regarding quality/price/service, again, in our locale.

Pablo's statement is troublesome. My son bought an Ariens (rebadged Gravely) last year from an excellent dealer. He had to stay within a budget range and purchased the 52 inch "entry level" pro model. He compared many brands at his price level and the Ariens had the best components/value he could find (engine, hydraulic drive motors, tires, etc.). His is too new to make any reliability judgements, but he is pleased going into his second mowing season. In retrospect, he thinks it's a bit overkill for his 2.5 acres.

He got a new "last year's model" for under $5,000 delivered. They're at $6,000 now.

Last edited:
I have a 2015 (I think) Hustler 72" with Kawasaki engine that I love. It only has 390 hours, but no problems. I would definitely look at buying another one if I was in the market.

My preference is for Kawasaki engines. Because they mow so fast, I prefer the agility, less weight, and less scalping of a 60 inch vs. 72 inch (unless you are mowing many acres of wide open area with few trees/obstructions). I am VERY pleased with my workplace Exmark - built like a tank. Scag is the favorite of the lawn care companies in my locality. This indicates to me that they are the best "value" regarding quality/price/service, again, in our locale.

Pablo's statement troublesome. My son bought an Ariens (rebadged Gravely) last year from an excellent dealer. He had to stay within a budget range and purchased the "entry level" pro model. He compared many brands at his price level and the Ariens had the best components/value he could find (engine, hydraulic drive motors, tires, etc.). His is too new to make any reliability judgements, but he is pleased going into his second mowing season.

He got a new "last year's model" for under $5,000 delivered. They're at $6,000 now.
I’m not saying they are bad. Just not deadly robust as before the buyout

My 52" Gravely is standing up to my abuse, but it DID have to go back twice to get it right. I think I wrote about that here.....or maybe Tacoma world.

Last edited:
I’m not saying they are bad. Just not deadly robust as before the buyout
Sadly, isn't that the case with so many things? Plus, that's your age showing, LOL - "back in my day..........." Heavy sigh, it's was initially traumatic for me some 10 or more years ago when trusted name brands really started tanking. Another heavy sigh................😡

Back