New wheel hubs - Same part # but different machining?

Toyota doesn’t make wheel hubs for my car anymore (2000 Camry) so I bought a pair of WJB’s. They showed up and look really good, and I noticed that one came with an axle nut and the other didn’t (no big deal there). One has slightly different machining on the wheel hub’s outer center bore. The first thing that caught my eye however was the lug stud color difference between the pair.

Should I run them without doubt or would that difference in machining cause any vibration issues with the rotor/wheel assembly? Want to ask before I press them into the bearing..

Attachments

• IMG_5383.jpeg
    IMG_5383.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5384.jpeg
    IMG_5384.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_5385.jpeg
    IMG_5385.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Where does one buy WJB brand?

I've run massively cheap bearings and lived to tell about it. $25 ebay special got me 70k on my 05 Prius and I sold it still good.

You can test fit your brake rotor to see if it catches things right, but I bet it will. And the wheel can sit lug-centric if it has to; I run oversize Mazda 6 wheels on my kids' 99 camry and they ride nice.

Where does one buy WJB brand?

I've run massively cheap bearings and lived to tell about it. $25 ebay special got me 70k on my 05 Prius and I sold it still good.

You can test fit your brake rotor to see if it catches things right, but I bet it will. And the wheel can sit lug-centric if it has to; I run oversize Mazda 6 wheels on my kids' 99 camry and they ride nice.

RA carries them but I gave up on them for now because United Auto Supply has royally screwed me and many others that I know with wrong and/or damaged parts on arrival. RA hasn’t done anything about them so I don’t shop with them. I bought these through “ShopEddies” on eBay and they got here pretty fast. Amazon has them available right now through Autoplicity and I highly recommend them. I had an issue with a part in the past that I received from Autoplicity and they had me dispose of the old part, refunded me along with a $20 store credit for the trouble, then overnighted the part to me.

If there's a difference in machining, it means the change/variation has no functional impact on the part.

Why replace the hubs? I rarely replace Toyota/Lexus unless a bearing went bad & turned the inner race on the hub.

What I do is use a slide hammer to pull the hub off before removing the up-right/knuckle. I see you're in California so I'm assuming no corrosion issues?

Why replace the hubs? I rarely replace Toyota/Lexus unless a bearing went bad & turned the inner race on the hub.

What I do is use a slide hammer to pull the hub off before removing the up-right/knuckle. I see you're in California so I'm assuming no corrosion issues?

Yep I’m in California. I removed the hubs and placed them in a vise and used a cutting wheel to “crack” the stuck on race and air hammer it off. When I mic’d it where the race was, it was a good bit smaller than the end of the hub’s shaft. Being a 24 year old part I didn’t feel confident installing it..

Last edited:
You are certainly rolling the dice with a Chinese hub. I'd rather use the original. Good luck.

You are certainly rolling the dice with a Chinese hub. I'd rather use the original. Good luck.

There are unfortunately no other offerings BUT China parts for this particular application… I’ve been purchasing OEM Toyota parts the whole way through and they don’t make this part anymore..

There are unfortunately no other offerings BUT China parts for this particular application… I’ve been purchasing OEM Toyota parts the whole way through and they don’t make this part anymore..
You're in CA so your hub should be in good shape, not ruined by rust. You can put on a quality bearing on it. You don't need a new hub, unless the original one is damaged.

You're in CA so your hub should be in good shape, not ruined by rust. You can put on a quality bearing on it. You don't need a new hub, unless the original one is damaged.

They had some bad nicks on them so I had to go this route. Trust me I’ve spent thousands of dollar in little over a month with my local Toyota dealership’s parts counter.. This is probably the first non OEM part on there only because of the damage and the other fact that the part is obsolete.

Back