New Truck buying advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: millerbl00
Be very very cautious. Arbitration and dealer headaches are no fun...

Chickenlittlesoundtrack.jpg

Low blow.

So you think Arbitration is fun? Wasting time and missing work? And the money lost. Stranded at the dealership 10:00 at night with no ride home?!!??

If this was not a family forum I would tell you what to do.

You sir are a coward!

Low blow.

So you think Arbitration is fun? Wasting time and missing work? And the money lost. Stranded at the dealership 10:00 at night with no ride home?!!??

You sir are a coward!

All the people that get banned from this site and this guy is allowed to stay?

Originally Posted By: BowNisPar
Now I am crazy because I don't believe car manufacturers are infallible?

Your are crazy to believe they are....

This will be the only time I engage with you in this thread.

You are crazy to think every Ford and GM engine is going to be a piece of junk. Nobody said any brand was infallible. You are the only person making absurd absolute statements in this thread.

+1 BrowNisPar

Low blow.

You sir are a coward!

Get over it and yourself. Or keep having a public forum meltdown for all i care, and send more interesting private messages.

Your're the one that had a meltdown...

I don't think anybody had a "meltdown" but you made a bold uninformative post with nothing factual to back it up. The sole purpose of that post was to derail and try and [censored] people off and you know it. That, sir, was a **** move.

Your're the one that had a meltdown...

Glad we got that straight, whats next? A coherent story that you could have started off with? Sure, nobody likes to have put what was it? 110k miles on a car that eventually had a defective cylinder head? Or was it 50k? I dont care enough to correct the facts, except yes thats a sad story you told 2 years ago and you got plenty of BITOG support from everyone. Well my friend, that ship sailed 2 years ago and now you are just whining.

Here, archive this for the next "what should I buy thread".

"I bought a car, the cylinder head blew up at 50k, i would not recommend X car. the end."

That way, you don't sound so spiteful, angry, and generally arrogant too.

I'm actually curious why it even matters. Every manufacturer had a powertrain warranty exceeding 50k. So what's there to complain about?

This thread has drawn out the preschool mentality in a number of people. Some of you would do well to simply give your opinion and then move on, rather than continue to degrade the post with childish retorts.

The original poster should simply test drive the vehicles that meet his qualifications, and base his purchase on what works well for him. One of the worst things you can do is ask for suggestions here-it all too often turns into a juvenile chest thumping contest just like this thread.

Oh look what I've started. I should have known this would be a passionately debated topic!

Anywho, I'm pretty eager to go on some test drives, but I dread the high pressure sales pitch. I'm not ready to buy yet and I hate talking to salespeople.

"Sir, would you be interested in taking this vehicle home today? What kind of monthly payment are you looking for?" "I can get you in this truck today! Lets go in and talk. What's it going to take to get you in this truck today. Sir?" ****!!##$%@$#^! I'll buy a truck when I'm [censored] good and ready!!!

smile.gif

Thanks for the replies.

Anyone in particular own a RAM 1500 with the Pentastar V6?

Last edited:
Unfortunate you got some of the passionate answers, and it wasn't even really any kind of real brand war.

I think the best advise is to go drive what you want and see what you can work out for a deal. Dodge and Chevy/GMC are both more likely to cut deals at the moment. Ford is the new flavor of the year, and they don't have a big need to deal right now till someone else comes along with the net best thing.

All of the big 3 make solid, capable trucks, (for that matter so does Toyota), and they ALL have their quirks and issues.

I'm on my 3rd F150, but honestly, any of them would serve you well. Given current pricing on the market, I'd probably look into a Ram, till the Ford comes down in price...(or the others increase their prices...)

Last edited:
Because it was 6 months of [censored] and I was without a car for 2 months....

Originally Posted By: ccap41
I'm actually curious why it even matters. Every manufacturer had a powertrain warranty exceeding 50k. So what's there to complain about?

Last edited:
The OP stated how he's going to use the truck and it's spot on with how I use mine. The Frontier is quiet, economical and does everything he said he needs. Except that he doesn't want a "small truck" and wants an American brand. My Frontier is mid sized and built in Mississippi, but he can buy his full sized, made in Mexico Ram and probably will. How much will he sacrifice to meet that want?

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
This thread has drawn out the preschool mentality in a number of people. Some of you would do well to simply give your opinion and then move on, rather than continue to degrade the post with childish retorts.

The original poster should simply test drive the vehicles that meet his qualifications, and base his purchase on what works well for him. One of the worst things you can do is ask for suggestions here-it all too often turns into a juvenile chest thumping contest just like this thread.

good post.
to all who would start a thread such as this -- read pop's last paragraph.you have to drive them yourself.the OP's original choices were the ram, and the f-150. maybe the gm.they're all fine vehicles. flip a coin.
if you don't plan to work it hard, a v6 is plenty of motor.good luck with your choice.

guys -- don't mix it up with anybody that comes on a thread looking to start a fight.in his first post, he has the "online mad" symbol under his name.instead, always read one's sig.
have a good night, all.

Originally Posted By: Joshua_Skinner
The OP stated how he's going to use the truck and it's spot on with how I use mine. The Frontier is quiet, economical and does everything he said he needs. Except that he doesn't want a "small truck" and wants an American brand. My Frontier is mid sized and built in Mississippi, but he can buy his full sized, made in Mexico Ram and probably will. How much will he sacrifice to meet that want?

Uhh, sorry for having a preference. I thought this was America here where we can want different things.

My Sonata is a large midsize car. Is a Frontier at least as big inside? I cannot go smaller than what I already have. I'm a big guy. 5'11" 240lbs. Plus, if I was going for a Japanese vehicle, I'd want one actually made in Japan which is rare these days.

As far as Hecho en Mexico, I don't know what's worse. Built in a very high tech plant in Mexico or built in Michigan by some over paid union workers who don't care about anything except their next paycheck?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back