New Top Tier gas station in my area

Superbuick96

Site Donor 2023
I was pleasantly surprised to see GetGo fuel stations have recently become Top Tier certified. GetGo is a subsidiary of The grocery chain Giant Eagle, and are found in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, West Virginia, and Maryland. Getgo is the most convenient station during my normal travels so now I no longer have to second guess not filling up at the less convenient Shell station down the road for Top Tier fuel. Hats off to Giant Eagle/GetGo for going TT, they already had busy stations, and fresh fuel so this is a bonus.

Attachments

• IMG_2812.JPG
    IMG_2812.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 209
As a PA resident, I am always baffled by all the new cars filling up at Sheetz which is NOT Top Tier. Around me, Sheetz charges top dollar for gasoline, the same as Exxon, Shell and Valero, all of which are Top Tier. A mechanic at my local VW dealer where I get my cars serviced told me that almost all of the fuel related issues they have (clogged/stuck injectors, etc.) show up in cars using Sheetz gasoline.

Even the new Rutters in the area are Top Tier.

As a PA resident, I am always baffled by all the new cars filling up at Sheetz which is NOT Top Tier.
Because 99% of drivers have no idea what Top Tier gasoline is the same as not having a clue what oil is in their car. We left Pa in 2005 just when Sheetz started building the new store design, all about convenience and providing any kind of junk food your heart attack desires. Sheetz is a great Pa success story. Out here it's Maverick and QuikTrip and interestingly QT is Top Tier.

Top Tier list

Little turn from the OP- but since Sheetz was mentioned.

When I lived in Pennsylvania Sheetz 's premium fuel price was aligned with other area stations. Sheetz quit advertising the price of premium unleaded in front of their stations. Then raised the price an average of .30 per gallon higher than other local stations. Told me that Shetzs was about tricking their customers.... not about offering competitive value.

If I never visit a Sheetz again I will be happy. And hate be a person living next to a Sheetz... hearing the rock music blasting at the pumps all day.

I was pleasantly surprised to see GetGo fuel stations have recently become Top Tier certified. GetGo is a subsidiary of The grocery chain Giant Eagle, and are found in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, West Virginia, and Maryland. Getgo is the most convenient station during my normal travels so now I no longer have to second guess not filling up at the less convenient Shell station down the road for Top Tier fuel. Hats off to Giant Eagle/GetGo for going TT, they already had busy stations, and fresh fuel so this is a bonus.
I use Get Go fuel once in a while and next to Speedway, Get Go is probably the next common station in this area. I thought BP was top tier also but I never see it mentioned on the pumps.That's good to know, neighbor.

Because 99% of drivers have no idea what Top Tier gasoline is the same as not having a clue what oil is in their car. We left Pa in 2005 just when Sheetz started building the new store design, all about convenience and providing any kind of junk food your heart attack desires. Sheetz is a great Pa success story. Out here it's Maverick and QuikTrip and interestingly QT is Top Tier.

Top Tier list
there is no other place in the world, people depend more on cars such as in US, yet they know so little or totally ignorant about cars; so crazy!

I normally go to Costco for gasoline needs

Told me that Shetzs was about tricking their customers.... not about offering competitive value.

Convenience stores aren't about offering a competitive value, never have been. Check the price of anything inside compared to the price in a chain grocery or Walmart. Gas price is to get you there to buy the high margin stuff. Premium gas is likely low volume so they put the price up. They want you to order your 12" MTO sub and nachos and 32 oz drink on the screen while you're pumping your gas.

The one thing I like about Sheetz is you know they always have a bathroom. When I'm crossing Pa. I will never use the Turnpike just for the fact you have to be a total moron to pay those exorbitant tolls. I'm usually on Route 22 or 30 and Sheetz stations are plentiful along those roads. Unless you're on the interstate or Turnpike good luck finding a rest area.

I haven't filled up with Sheetz gasoline in years or I should say at least a decade.

Rub it in ! Must be nice to get a Top Tier gas station :) . Dwindling around here . Have to travel a 15 mile radius to purchase .

There are dozens of opportunities to hear about TT fuel … written articles, owners manuals, magazines, TV programs, auto club, YouTube etc … Sure, many are not aware but in some places it’s hard to not get TT, know it or not.
Where I live we have Exxon, Shell, P66, Chevron, Citgo, Sunoco, and Valero … all good !

There are dozens of opportunities to hear about TT fuel … written articles, owners manuals, magazines, TV programs, auto club, YouTube etc … Sure, many are not aware but in some places it’s hard to not get TT, know it or not.
Where I live we have Exxon, Shell, P66, Chevron, Citgo, Sunoco, and Valero … all good !
I don't believe Sunoco is Top Tier anymore.

My VW dealer is right across the street from an Exxon station. When I bought the cars, the salesman asked if I knew what Top Tier fuel was. I answered him in the affirmative (and asked him if her knew what BITOG was!). He told me I should only use TT gas in the vehicles. There are also MB, Nissan and Audi dealers around this Exxon station, all telling their customers the same thing. And yet you see those brands of cars at non-TT stations. I really don't get it.

And SuperBuick96 is right....Sunoco is no longer Top Tier.

My VW dealer is right across the street from an Exxon station. When I bought the cars, the salesman asked if I knew what Top Tier fuel was. I answered him in the affirmative (and asked him if her knew what BITOG was!). He told me I should only use TT gas in the vehicles. There are also MB, Nissan and Audi dealers around this Exxon station, all telling their customers the same thing. And yet you see those brands of cars at non-TT stations. I really don't get it.

And SuperBuick96 is right....Sunoco is no longer Top Tier.
This site covered Sunoco this summer … I saw elsewhere that when contacted they asked to be removed due to pandemic … no idea what that means coming from the NASCAR darling (I don’t buy that fuel, mostly Exxon) …
Its sold at Stripes … 711 et al … Japan holding? Been through more marriages than FCA

Here in Speedway, Indiana, our GetGo is going all-in on getting the word out about Top Tier. This billboard they use was updated recently and it’s on both sides of it. I still don’t see Giant Eagle or GetGo on the Top Tier website. Here in Indiana, it’s kind of a disjointed relationship, as a couple years ago GetGo/Giant Eagle bought out local Ricker’s convenience stores which were paired with BP fuels. So now we have GetGo’s with their own fuel brand and we have other GetGo’s down the street still with BP. Wonder if the non-BP GetGo’s are getting BP fuels now?
19743333-2E64-412C-A348-12E720FC3B01.jpeg

In my area, Costco is my Top Tier go-to fuel stop. Among the other big name retailers, Mobil has flourshed here while Sunoco has all but disappeared, as has Chevron. Citgo is occasionally seen attached to 7-Eleven locations. BP and Valero have one or two locations in the county. Plenty of Sheetz stops, but won't use them -- Wawa, perhaps, but not Sheetz. Everything else is a smattering of Exxon and Shell locations.

Back