New-to-me vehicle, and another post about Carvana and how great HPL service is…

So, I’ve finally talked my wife out of her minivan phase (for the grandkids) and am saying goodbye to our 2nd consecutive Ford Transit Connect (2020 XLT) and even managed to pick up an extra seat in the process. Waiting on delivery and sayonara as I type.

Fourth transaction with Carvana; still mostly painless although they’ve changed a few things. Delivering a gently used Subaru Ascent (50k mi), since the Transit Connect was definitely not optimal in Midwest winters. Pics later.

Anyways, I emailed Mary Jane @High Performance Lubricants yesterday around 11:30am to order some Premium Plus 0w30 and 3 quarts of 75w90 Diff Life, and when I pulled in today at noon it was already on my doorstep! I’m ~10 miles from the Ohio state line, and USPS takes 4 days to get something to my house from Indy, so that’s more great service!

Looking forward to cutting some filters to see what was left behind!

So, I’ve finally talked my wife out of her minivan phase (for the grandkids) and am saying goodbye to our 2nd consecutive Ford Transit Connect (2020 XLT) and even managed to pick up an extra seat in the process. Waiting on delivery and sayonara as I type.

Fourth transaction with Carvana; still mostly painless although they’ve changed a few things. Delivering a gently used Subaru Ascent (50k mi), since the Transit Connect was definitely not optimal in Midwest winters. Pics later.

Anyways, I emailed Mary Jane @High Performance Lubricants yesterday around 11:30am to order some Premium Plus 0w30 and 3 quarts of 75w90 Diff Life, and when I pulled in today at noon it was already on my doorstep! I’m ~10 miles from the Ohio state line, and USPS takes 4 days to get something to my house from Indy, so that’s more great service!

Looking forward to cutting some filters to see what was left behind!
That's great you are having good experiences with Carvana. There is a subreddit on them and it's not pretty.

Last edited:
IMG_3107.jpeg

Actually I spoke incorrectly above. Because Carvana bought back the Transit Connect, this was the 5th transaction. Three purchases and two trade-ins, and I’ve made money on both Transit Connects they’ve bought from me.

That’s more than I can say for any brick and mortar dealer; and the prices I’ve gotten on the three purchases were less than what I could have gotten locally. Therefore, I don’t really care who started it!

Actually I spoke incorrectly above. Because Carvana bought back the Transit Connect, this was the 5th transaction. Three purchases and two trade-ins, and I’ve made money on both Transit Connects they’ve bought from me.

That’s more than I can say for any brick and mortar dealer; and the prices I’ve gotten on the three purchases were less than what I could have gotten locally. Therefore, I don’t really care who started it!
Same, I lost money on the Fiesta but WAY less then a local dealer. I made money on the 2016 Tiguan. I will probably buy from them again.

Back