New to me beater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice beater for sure and sounds like it is up in good shape at the normal wear points. There really is not much to go wrong with that car. It does look sharp.

We just picked up a 2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL with 110K for $5K with new like brakes all around for selling road trips. We just did at 1600 round trip to St. Paul MN. It set for 4 days and fired up fine with temps at +8F. It needed tires and found a new like set of Arctic Claws for $125 installed down here in KY where there is no real market for snow tires.

There is a lot of nice cars in the $5K-$10K range. Forget it if you are looking for a 4 door PU.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Thats a Toyota Corolla under the sheet metal, isnt it?

Yep. Well, the HVAC and radio are different, from what I understand, but the rest is the same.

Beater? Some people would call that their daily driver and be happy to own and drive it.

My idea of a beater is a car that's mechanically sound but looks like its never been washed and might start losing parts over the next speed bump.

Once a car makes it through a few years without problems and under the right conditions it can go for a long time while still being cost effective.

The problem is that most people are easily distracted and that's the end of their current ride. It happens to us all. What's life without a new ride every once in a while?

That car is far too nice for a beater title. Beaters usually have pieces ready to fall off and a Check engine light constantly on.

Not sure what you can afford, but if your company is paying you to be on the road making sales calls, I think you a very reliable vehicle, one or two steps up from a daily beater. Your company will not appreciate it if your beater is down for repairs.

Get the newest Camry you can afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back