New to me 2021 Chevy Traverse

The current 3.6 does not suffer the issues of the older ones. I wish this place would let go of that.

The 3.6 in my Colorado has towed my boat, driven us all over the Rocky mountains, and still sounds like a sewing machine at idle, and runs just perfect. One of the smoothest v6's I have ever experienced. It now has 51k miles with the oil being changed by the OLM with full synthetic 5w-40 - whatever is cheapest at the time.

Reactions: JTK
I think the higher end models have LEDs. I see some and they have a smaller, sleeker headlight.
Our 21 has that awful flapper. Does next to nothing.
I think what's confusing with the 2018-2023 Traverse headlamp assemblies is the daytime running lights in them are LED. The turn signal bulbs in them are incandescent and the low/high beams are HID. All in one housing with removable HID ballasts. It's a bag of GM goodness right there. LOL

I think what's confusing with the 2018-2023 Traverse headlamp assemblies is the daytime running lights in them are LED. The turn signal bulbs in them are incandescent and the low/high beams are HID. All in one housing with removable HID ballasts. It's a bag of GM goodness right there. LOL
And the icing on the cake... Each side has it's own tiny little 10 amp fuse. I had one out and fooled with it endlessly before I realized there were two fuses.

Reactions: JTK
I'm late to this thread but wanted to throw in my 2 cents, OP. First, I would've sold the Nissan you traded in too, I think you did plenty of research on it's timing chain/motor issues and made the right decision. I also think the Traverse is a great replacement. My wife and I had a new Traverse for several days in 2018 as a rental. At first I was annoyed that we got it because originally we had wanted something smaller, but they ran out of smaller cars and upgraded us. I thought to myself 'yay, a big American POS SUV we're stuck with now'. But after driving it just one day I really fell in love with it. Drove really nice - handled like a much smaller vehicle, was very agile and had plenty of pep, and in fact it made me want one by the time we returned it, lol. so yeah I would love to a have a Traverse.

Back